Philosophy or Classical Civilisation? Watch

rylit91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
...have 18 months to do one of these alongside English Language ( :/ ) via distance learning. Already have a B in History - which would you suggest?
EcstaticMuse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rylit91)
...have 18 months to do one of these alongside English Language ( :/ ) via distance learning. Already have a B in History - which would you suggest?
Classical Civilisation. Exceedingly interesting.
rylit91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by EcstaticMuse)
Classical Civilisation. Exceedingly interesting.
Assuming you did it at A Level then? Is it particularly difficult? It did catch my eye as soon as I saw it, and thought it would be a doddle until someone said they thought it sounded really hard. Did you find it a lot of work and quite a 'heavy' subject? (Assuming you've done it.)
Miss Behaving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Philosophy.
EcstaticMuse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rylit91)
Assuming you did it at A Level then? Is it particularly difficult? It did catch my eye as soon as I saw it, and thought it would be a doddle until someone said they thought it sounded really hard. Did you find it a lot of work and quite a 'heavy' subject? (Assuming you've done it.)
I've done the American equivalent of it (so, Advanced Placement) and am continuing it next semester. I would imagine the course load would not be as much as philosophy, although you might have to study at some point classical philosophy. Still, from my experience, I think it's a worthwhile subject. Is it challenging? Yes, but assuming it's the same as here, you'll end up with an amazing grasp on classical history, culture, and the Latin language, which transfers itself into an even greater grammatical command of the English language.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (34)
25.19%
No (101)
74.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed