Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Before you go on holiday, would you expect a guy who liked you to contact you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I like this girl from uni and shes going on holiday soon. As much as I want to text her, I understand she could be busy shopping and whatnot and the last thing she wants is me to contact her, so im jsut leaving it. But im missing not being in contact with her, even though we only text each other a little.

Would I seem annoying if I was to text her? And what it could be about? Usually its to do with our work but that wouldnt be appropriate considering she going in one or two days.

ReputationRep:
    She's more than likely going to say "Let's talk about it when I get back" if she does happen to like you. Because realistically, how effective would it be to tell her now? Her attention is going to be on the holiday and having a good time.

When she gets back, let her know that you've been thinking about her while she was away, and wanted to tell her something but didn't want to disturb the preparation for her holiday (because that is quite chivalrous, starting the conversation off on a genuine note).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    She's more than likely going to say "Let's talk about it when I get back" if she does happen to like you. Because realistically, how effective would it be to tell her now? Her attention is going to be on the holiday and having a good time.

When she gets back, let her know that you've been thinking about her while she was away, and wanted to tell her something but didn't want to disturb the preparation for her holiday (because that is quite chivalrous, starting the conversation off on a genuine note).
    Im not going to say I like her if thats what youre thinking.

ReputationRep:
    if you want to talk to her then talk to her if she likes you too she'll be made up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Im not going to say I like her if thats what youre thinking.
    Then, it's as simple as this, if you honestly feel like you don't communicate enough, then a bit more effort with texts and the like wont hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Send the text- no harm at all. Just a "hey/how was Xmas/looking forward to going away/packing done?" type thing would be good IMHO.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.