Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is there such a thing as being TOO pretty? Watch

ReputationRep:
    okay, im going to sound obnoxious and a complete TROLL right now but please here me out as Ive honestly been having this problem for the past couple of years and I wanted to know if others had experienced the same or can offer me some advice.

Im an intelligent, confident happy girl who is often told Im funny and I have large groups and close friends and am very very sociable. Aside from this Im constantly told how good looking I am, even today a complete stranger came up to my mum and said that " your daughter is the most amazingly beautiful girl Ive ever seen". Im in no way trying to be arrogant here but I am being sincere please here me out.

However I have never, in no way even come close to be able to get a boyfriend or a relationship. Guys always make comments like "you cant go there shes out of your league" or "Im sure guys will be queueing up to be your boyfriends" even peoples parents saying "I just cannot understand how you don't have a boyfriend"

This is a message to all guys out there who believe that girls shouldn't get approached who are "out of their league" its just so wrong is there even such a thing?

ReputationRep:
    Pics please.

ReputationRep:
    Ask Narcissus. Just make sure you dont catch your reflection in a pond...
    if you dont understand this post, visit your local library for stories about the ancient greeks

ReputationRep:
    Inb4picsorGTFO.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Pics or it didn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming this is serious...

Maybe you're intimidating and unapproachable?

ReputationRep:
    I honestly get this all the time. We should hook up.

ReputationRep:
    You might be onto something here, because I definitely prefer girls that are... not perfect. Maybe you could go into modelling?

ReputationRep:
    Im being 100% serious .....yeah I have been called intimidating by other girls before... but Im honestly not stuck up or horrible or the least bit *****y and am always smiling I just dont know what to do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mexicooo2710)

However I have never, in no way even come close to be able to get a boyfriend or a relationship. Guys always make comments like "you cant go there shes out of your league" or "Im sure guys will be queueing up to be your boyfriends" even peoples parents saying "I just cannot understand how you don't have a boyfriend"

This is a message to all guys out there who believe that girls shouldn't get approached who are "out of their league" its just so wrong is there even such a thing?
    i know where you are comming from as trollish as your post might sound lol i would say there is a certain point where you can be TOO pretty, i have heard boy's say to each other that girl is out of your league before and not approch a girl becuase she was stunning but then they have aproched a girl who i would have deemed of equal beauty... so it just depends how you come across to people... maybe you come across as unaprochable and therefore boys dont want to aapproch you

p.s sorry about the spelling and grammer cba to open word to do a spell check

ReputationRep:
    assuming your not a troll. However, new account makes that unlikely...
    If your that fit then why don't you make a move on a guy you like, he's clearly not going to say no?
    I personally rarely approach girls who are that fit because theyre nearly always with other guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissSasha)
    i know where you are comming from as trollish as your post might sound lol i would say there is a certain point where you can be TOO pretty, i have heard boy's say to each other that girl is out of your league before and not approch a girl becuase she was stunning but then they have aproched a girl who i would have deemed of equal beauty... so it just depends how you come across to people... maybe you come across as unaprochable and therefore boys dont want to aapproch you

p.s sorry about the spelling and grammer cba to open word to do a spell check
    Try Chrome, it automatically spellchecks everything you write.

ReputationRep:
    See a guy you fancy, ask him out.

Or walk around picking your nose so they don't think so highly of you.

ReputationRep:
    People like you irritate me. Not because you're supposedly "too pretty" but because you clearly think you're the bees knees, which is fine, but also trying to get attention over the internet. Not cool!

ReputationRep:
    Pics or you is trollan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mexicooo2710)
    Im being 100% serious .....yeah I have been called intimidating by other girls before... but Im honestly not stuck up or horrible or the least bit *****y and am always smiling I just dont know what to do??
    Maybe you wear too much make-up/your make-up is really striking, it might be too intimidating for guys.
    Or you're naturally stunning and people just automatically assume you have a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    this is why i was concerned about posting this as I know how obnoxious and stuck up it sounds! honestly im not being a absolute ******** in saying this... but its been a re-occurance for a couple of years now and just wanted to put it out their for some advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Lad)
    Try Chrome, it automatically spellchecks everything you write.
    i would but this laptop is the worst laptop in the world i borrowed it from college wile mine was being fixed and just never returned it lol i cba to go get my other one but if i get into a debait i will have to go swap loool but this laptop would crash if i tried to put crome on it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Lad)
    Nah. Pics or it didn't happen.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    I consider myself too pretty, though my friends and girlfriend seem to think it's incredibly unhealthy and "wrong."

I guess they just don't like honesty.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.