Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice from bloggers? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I've just created a blog tonight and am looking for advice from some other bloggers!
    As I've only just started my blog obviously no one has seen it, but I was wondering how to create a readership outside of the people I know?
    Also, does anyone else feel a bit odd about having their family and friends reading their blog? I can't decide whether to tell my friends about it or not! I feel nervous at the thought of them judging and scrutinizing my ability to write and create! Complete strangers are perfectly fine though!
    i'm not too fussed about having a large readership! I'm doing it for selfish reasons anyway - something to keep me entertained! but it would be nice to know that someone somewhere is reading it! Any suggestions?
    thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a lot of advice to give, as I rarely have many people visit my blog, but then again I didn't create it to get lots of views. I've recently put the link to my blog in my signature, which seems to increase the number of people visiting it - I'm on a few other forums so have put the link on those signatures too.
    With regard to friends and family - none of them know I have a blog, I may allow my friends and family to view it one day, but for now they don't know about it.
    The only reason I've created a blog is that I can kind document my life - it will be interesting to look back on it in hopefully a few years time, as I'm hoping this will be a very long term thing. But we shall see
    Feel free to look at my blog! Nothing special or amazing about it, nothing fancy or over the top, something basic for me to just write things that are going on in my life

ReputationRep:
    None of my friends really read my blog to be honest, they're not really into that sort of thing for a start!
    The majority of my followers/readers come from other blogs that I read and have left comments on and by having my link in my signature on here I also use Twitter purely for my blog 'world' and have a lot of people who own blogs that I talk to on there I find it's nice to have other people to talk to that do a similar thing to me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.