Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys n galss.......

basically im posting up just to get some of your opinions...

started my AS this year and it started off ok but as its got on a bit I really am seeming to dislike it. I have pretty much the worst time table in mankind with a huge break almost every day. I chose the lessons that i thought i'd enjoy but I just havent connected with them like i expected...

I am also a bit dissapointed with the atmosphere and the teachers seem really pushed to encourage you at all and I want to be their to achieve good grades or I dont really want to be there at all.

I know this might sound a bit snobby but I would only want to go to uni if I got good enough grades to go to a respected university for my course, otherwise id feel im wasting 4 yrs of my life...

I know its still sorta early days but with jan exams coming up in the next few weeks Im not feeling good about em, and might consider starting the year fresh...?

ReputationRep:
    well if you want to start again i would definitely consider carrying on until the end if AS as then you will have the UCAS points to show for that year and you can have a go at the summer modules that might be better.
    Next year you can pick new subjects and potentially do better if you are more motivated. Have you ever considered changing to a sixth form over a college? It is more intense there and you do not have the freedoms but you build up a good relationship with your tutors and it sounds like you may be more suited to the environment as it is more pushy and university based.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.