Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am just looking for a good spot treatment that will clear my face of spots and that isn't too expensive?

Any help appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Doxycycline - GP. Go and ask him/her to prescribe something. This worked wonders for me for two years before wearing off. I'm now on the hunt for stronger drugs!

ReputationRep:
    I used to get bad spots, I used Roaccutane [of which there is some risks...] and I now use Dermol cream on a regular basis and have done for the past few years... never had a problem since!

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/prod...ream-500g.html

It's £13 but it will last for ages, should last at least 10 months.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/Clea...kin-150ml.html is pretty good.

http://www.boots.com/en/Clearasil-Ul...20Cream%2025ml
    Don't get this because it doesn't work.

This is also s*** http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/prod...-spot-20g.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    Doxycycline - GP. Go and ask him/her to prescribe something. This worked wonders for me for two years before wearing off. I'm now on the hunt for stronger drugs!
    Is this just for really bad acne because mine aren't particularly bad just a couple of red inflamed spots on my forehead and around my face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchdd02)
    I am just looking for a good spot treatment that will clear my face of spots and that isn't too expensive?

Any help appreciated
    Speaking as an acne-sufferer of ten years' standing:

Feel free to rep me once you're cured.

ReputationRep:
    Plan ole water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchdd02)
    Is this just for really bad acne because mine aren't particularly bad just a couple of red inflamed spots on my forehead and around my face.
    Yes, I didn't have 'acne' just really oily skin and a lot of spots. When I went my skin was practically clear anyway due to constant washing, but at that time we had a very agreeable Spanish doctor Some GPs might not prescribe anything. Btw, if they give you something called Erythromycin, hand it straight back over. I was on it since last week for spots and it hasn't worked, only made my skin painfully dry.

Anyway, yes, Doxycycline would be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Speaking as an acne-sufferer of ten years' standing:

Feel free to rep me once you're cured.
    What is the 1st item there pal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    What is the 1st item there pal?
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    This.
    Cheers, I've heard of that site. I've had a course of Roaccutane which was amazing but that was a year ago and I do still get small breakouts but I think its because of my diet/stress. Why haven't you considered Roaccutane yet? 10 years is pretty long lol

ReputationRep:

Disclaimer: this approach is not backed up by medical opinion

But if you want to hear acne lesions scream and beg for mercy, shave with Feather blades.

ReputationRep:
    if its just the odd spot put some toothpaste on it!! I know it sounds stupid but it works wonders! just like leave it on over night and the redness and swelling will be reduced by the morning!

ReputationRep:
    Not for specific spot treatment but something thats really helped me in getting clear enough skin in egg whites....yes egg whites.

I used to break out in acne quite often, had terrible skin not very good confidence etc BUT i was doing some random research on the net and found these sites talking about how egg white is good for spots.

What i do it just break an egg into a plastic food box, take out the yolk (you can use that yolk as well once in a while if you want) then shake the box until the egg white gets a little bubbly then spread it over my face (keep away from eye area). Leave it one for like 15ish minutes (until it gets stiff) then wash off.
    Simples.

I do it like 3 times a week (don’t do it too much because egg white can dry out the skin, which is why ill use egg yolk as well once in a while as it apparently moisturises as well. Now my acne is gone and I look great!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.