Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Goodbye Lenin! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Got it on DVD this Christmas, been wanting to watch it for a while and I was wondering what the general consensus is of it on here or if anyone has heard of it?

ReputationRep:
    Great film and great soundtrack too! If you haven't seen it already I'd also recommend The Lives of Others.

ReputationRep:
    I watched this in my German class, it's pretty great.

Spoiler:
    Show
    The scene when the mother walks out and they're taking away the statue of Lenin by helicopter and he points at her is pretty priceless.

ReputationRep:
    I really like it. It's a good commentary on the whole Ostalgie thing and the differences between East and West Germany. Also, Daniel Bruehl = :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Loved it. Definately in my top ten.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not that knowledgeable about the whole East Germany/West Germany conflict would this ruin my enjoyment of the movie? I have heard some reviews state that if you're pretty knowledgeable about the whole situation then you'll find it hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you need to know that much. Most of it's pretty self-explanatory I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent film. The soundtrack is one of the highlights. Yann Tiersen crafts a beautiful sound scape.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I love this film. I have it on DVD too.

I doubt not knowing much about the East/West Germany divide would ruin your enjoyment of the film, as someone else said, the differences between the two become pretty obvious

ReputationRep:
    It's such a good film! I pretty much know it off by heart now, I've seen it that many times. Daniel Bruehl = :love:. It's funny, and sad, and clever, and involving. It's interesting and such a good film on so many levels. It manages to retain the humour throughout, even though it deals with some pretty serious issues and a few heartbreaking moments.

ReputationRep:
    I watched it in my GCSE German class and I thought it was pretty good and it was easier to understand than I thought it would be

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.