Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm listening to Adam's song right now..I don't think it's actually helping, but I just can't take anymore.. My life doesn't look like it is going to get better. I am only 18...I shouldn't feel like this..I only have one good friend...me and her share everything..she knows everything about me and vice versa...but this girl has too many problems and I am carrying my own load, I just can't take it. She has no parents, both of them are dead. On top of this, she went through an abortion recently, and it is still affecting her greatly. She was also raped. Also, she got kicked out of her sister's house recently. She also told me yesterday that she felt like killing herself.

My childhood was **** and my adulthood hasn't been good so far. I was sexually abused as a kid and this has made me really clingy and emotional and just unable to deal with problems most people can deal with. The past still haunts me and recenty I have been having nightmares. I think I can't get over the past because my parents didn't support me and in fact, they blamed me for it and said I asked for it. I was a child and although this is not possible, I sometimes do feel like it was my fault. I got attached to this guy and because I didn't want him to leave, I started emotionally blackmailing him. I was unaware that I was even doing it at the time. I just feel like everyone leaves me and that i'm not strong enough to face the world.

I just feel like noone cares . I have been put into a mental health hospital before for a bit and that place made me even more crazier than I already am. I really don't know what to do. I'm crying cos I just can't deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried sharing this with someone qualified, such as a GP, psychiatrist, or charity?

(Original post by Roo Bix)
    Have you tried sharing this with someone qualified, such as a GP, psychiatrist, or charity?
    They're useless ...psychiatrists and psychotherapists etc. just annoy me...they try to help, but it doesn't help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They're useless ...psychiatrists and psychotherapists etc. just annoy me...they try to help, but it doesn't help.
    These are professionals that have studied, trained and are specialized to help people just like you.

And this is the age old story, you wont get help unless you want to help yourself. There will be things that are part of therapy that might make you uncomfortable. But it's all to do with your progress, and your willingness to better yourself.

ReputationRep:
    i know there's a part of you that doesn't want to go through with it and is looking for a reason not to because you're posting a thread online..... don't do it. just cling on to the little hope you do have, whatever it is.. even just the simple fact that you want to see a point in living

as for the rest, pm if you want

ReputationRep:
    you've taken the first step towards getting help and getting better alredy OP, by admitting and accepting that there is a problem here.
    now all u hav to do is decide wot step YOU want to take next and who YOU want to go to for help....there must be someone in your life even if its not this close frend, whom you can go to and just.....speak.
    someone who wil listen and understand and genuinely try to help you....
    it doesnt hav to be a GP or psychiatrist. it can be anyone. you just need to speak to them and let out exactly how you are feeling. tell them everything and then come up with a plan that is both realistic and positive and one that u know u can follow and stik to........and then im confident things will start working out for u and life wont seem so dark and lonely.........good luck! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    These are professionals that have studied, trained and are specialized to help people just like you.

And this is the age old story, you wont get help unless you want to help yourself. There will be things that are part of therapy that might make you uncomfortable. But it's all to do with your progress, and your willingness to better yourself.
    I understand you're trying to help and I'd normally advice what you're advising, but I think in some cases, it's nicer to talk to a normal person than someone who is treating you as just another patient. A normal person is just more personal and less sterile. So I can see why the OP is saying what they're saying. Although I still agree with everything you say.

OT: You're free to PM me as well if you want a chat OP. I like helping people out when I can

ReputationRep:
    i know people say this a lot, but i know exactly how you're feeling. I used to be suicidal too. But believe me, it's not the situation that's making you feel like you have to be suicidal. Well, of course it does play a role. But eventually, and I promise, you will get emotionally stronger about this.
    Sorry if this sounds like bs to you
    Well I'm not LOVING life but i have stopped with the suicidal thoughts, and that can happen to you too. Therapy really does help. And calling the Samaritans really gets it all out too, because you're telling them everything, without having to reveal your identity. They helped me
    if you ever wanna talk about anything, just message me, i can be your friend haha :P

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you're having a tough time at the moment, I'm really sorry things are so difficult for you. You mention having to deal with lots of problems stemming from your childhood which must be touch for you. You also say that you feel like no one cares. Would you consider calling the Samaritans? Their details can be found here: http://www.samaritans.org/ If you don't feel able to speak to them on the phone, you can email them or text them and they will usually respond within a few hours.

I'm going to close this thread now, not because we don't care or we don't want to listen to you, but because we are not in the best position to help you and sometimes people post dangerous advice or make insensitive comments. The people best equipped to help you in terms of listening to you and helping you feel supported and able to cope with the stress you're under are the Samaritans, who are great for that. Please give them a call. Alternatively, the Samaritans can call you with your permission if you feel unable to call them. If you would like me to ask them to call you, please PM me

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.