Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tired of people telling me to rest on my laurels... Watch

...There's nobody awake at this hour so I'm just going to say it.

I'm tired of people telling me that I shouldn't try to fight too hard, or sit back and accept things. The other day I told my cousin I wanted to get a first on my dissertation, he said "you'll get what you get." I felt so angry, I wish I had said something. My family may have got by being happy being just accepting things as is, but I don't. If I don't achieve something I set out to, I work harder next time. I think about what went wrong and how can improve. I am constantly trying to better and improve myself and I'm sick of people trampling all over it with their negativity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ...There's nobody awake at this hour so I'm just going to say it.

I'm tired of people telling me that I shouldn't try to fight too hard, or sit back and accept things. The other day I told my cousin I wanted to get a first on my dissertation, he said "you'll get what you get." I felt so angry, I wish I had said something. My family may have got by being happy being just accepting things as is, but I don't. If I don't achieve something I set out to, I work harder next time. I think about what went wrong and how can improve. I am constantly trying to better and improve myself and I'm sick of people trampling all over it with their negativity.
    Over ambitious are we ?

ReputationRep:
    You know what? How bout you throw those Laurels in the bin and screw them

ReputationRep:
    Build a wall from the bricks people throw at you

ReputationRep:
    Haytas gwan hayte.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfg0987)
    Haytas gwan hayte.
    You can't use 'gwan' here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    You can't use 'gwan' here.
    gwan

And what a loser, how on earth do you have 18000 posts?

ReputationRep:
    gwan

By being a loser?

ReputationRep:
    gwan

Do you mean gwan in the Irish way or the Jamaican way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by $tar£reaker)
    Do you mean gwan in the Irish way or the Jamaican way?
    Does it really matter?

I'm not familiar with either of the ways lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.