This discussion is closed.
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
me n ma mates have found a boredom cure in IT. Go on paint and draw loads of empty squares triangles circle etc all over lapping. then u have to colour it in but a colkour cannot touch on of the same colour or very siliar (eg light blue and dark blue)

have fun! hehehehehehe
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
me n ma mates have found a boredom cure in IT. Go on paint and draw loads of empty squares triangles circle etc all over lapping. then u have to colour it in but a colkour cannot touch on of the same colour or very siliar (eg light blue and dark blue)

have fun! hehehehehehe
How resourceful. I remember that, back when I did IT, I knew a 'code' that could be typed into Microsoft Excel that would open a secret flight-sim type game. It was ****e, but better than the syllabus.
kita
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
How resourceful. I remember that, back when I did IT, I knew a 'code' that could be typed into Microsoft Excel that would open a secret flight-sim type game. It was ****e, but better than the syllabus.
lol, cud you tell me the code pretty pretty please, i hate IT ive never been so bored in my life. I dont know what i was thinking when i decided to carry on with that subject :rolleyes:
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you mean that actually worked? wasn;t it something like 'put x3 in box 524E', and it'll open a flight sim?

never got it to work, thought i was being had!
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
you mean that actually worked? wasn;t it something like 'put x3 in box 524E', and it'll open a flight sim?

never got it to work, thought i was being had!
It definitely worked - I remember it well. Sadly I can't recall the code. It involved putting an obscure number into an obscure box and then pressing a few random buttons. Maybe you can find it on Google or somesuch.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr White)
what is it? what is it? what is it? what is it? what is it?
kita
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
some weird game or sumthing which opens in excel. For beating boredom. lol
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whitey's right, google'll have it somewhere, just be prepared to wade through pages of crap to get to it D
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Okay, I rummaged through my old journals and found the code (this is for an old version of Excel - 97, I think):

1. Open a new worksheet and press F5.
2. Type X97:L97 and press Enter.
3. Press Tab.
4. Hold down Ctrl-Shift while you click the toolbar's Chart Wizard button (the one with the three 3D shapes).
5. A 3D flight simulator will appear. The mouse controls flight; the right button moves you forward; the left button puts you in reverse.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
(Original post by El_Borish)
Whitey's right, google'll have it somewhere, just be prepared to wade through pages of crap to get to it D
what should u type in the search box then?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads