Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any good Spanish films? I love Almodovar films and have seen pretty much all of them. I also really liked Y Tu Mama Tambien and also saw Amores Perros recently. Any others?

Gracias

ReputationRep:
    El espinazo del diablo. Set during the Spanish Civil War.

ReputationRep:
    Los ojos de Julia.
    Rec.
    Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
    Bruc.

Etc.

Espero que te sirva.
    (En realidad, ha sido un poco chocante ver un título de un hilo en castellano. )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabellee)
    Any good Spanish films? I love Almodovar films and have seen pretty much all of them. I also really liked Y Tu Mama Tambien and also saw Amores Perros recently. Any others?

Gracias
    Abre Los Ojos

Diarios de motocicleta

El laberinto del fauno

Como agua por chocolate

Maria llena eres de gracia

ReputationRep:
    Como agua por chocolate, Te doy mis ojos, Vicky Christina Barcelona, Abre los ojos, jamon jamon, volver, Todo sobre mi madre

ReputationRep:
    Volver
    El laberinto del fauno :moon:
    Jamon jamon

ReputationRep:

Gracias
    El laberinto del fauno.

Not sure about spelling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firaila)
    Volver
    ... be careful of the awkward moments at the beginning when the stepfather peers at his girlfriend's daughter's breasts :lolwut:

El laberinto del fauno :moon:
    I laughed for so long after coming out of that film... I don't think anyone else from my class found it that funny though :dontknow:

You could always try La Casa de Bernarda Alba but it's a tad depressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    ... be careful of the awkward moments at the beginning when the stepfather peers at his girlfriend's daughter's breasts :lolwut:

I laughed for so long after coming out of that film... I don't think anyone else from my class found it that funny though :dontknow:

We've sat through more awkward moments in our Spanish class haha :lol:

What did you find funny about Pan's Labyrinth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SergioMZ)
    Los ojos de Julia.
    Rec.
    Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
    Bruc.

Etc.

Espero que te sirva.
    (En realidad, ha sido un poco chocante ver un título de un hilo en castellano. )
    Gracias, Sergio. Ya he visto Los Ojos De Julia, me gustó mucho. Javier Bardem y Penelope Cruz protagonizan Vicky Cristina Barcelona, verdad?

By the way, de donde eres?

ReputationRep:
    Gracias, Sergio. Ya he visto Los Ojos De Julia, me gustó mucho. Javier Bardem y Penelope Cruz protagonizan Vicky Cristina Barcelona, verdad?

By the way, de donde eres?
    De nada, Isabelle.
    Yo no conseguí ver Los Ojos de Julia. Me acerqué al cine hace un par de semanas con unos amigos a verla. Pero una amiga me empezó a explicar algo que le había ocurrido... a los cinco minutos de película nos fuimos ella y yo, para poder hablar. Así que no la he visto, y como lo que me contó me trastocó un poco, pues le guardo mal recuerdo: no creo que la vuelva a ver.

Sí, Javier Bardem, Penélope Cruz, y Scarlett Johansson. La trama (plot) en sí no vale demasiado, pero el hecho de que pase en Barcelona, y que mezclen tan bien castellano e inglés, con algo de catalán, la hacen especial.

Pues soy de Barcelona, born and bred. ¿Y tú?

ReputationRep:
    María, eres llena de gracia (Maria, Full of Grace) - Could not recommend this film enough!! So good - it's about a Columbian girl that swallows drugs and smuggles them into America to escape life in her own country. Shocking, but an absolutely fantastic film! It's also a good way of hearing non-Spanish accents

ReputationRep:

Where did you get a copy of the DVD for Bernarda Alba??
    I've been looking everywhere without avail, love the play.

I don't like el Laberinto del Fauno, but I'm just not into fantasy, The Orphanage is freaky as.

OP, for Almodovar, have you seen Habla con ella?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by komovalondon)
    Where did you get a copy of the DVD for Bernarda Alba??
    I've been looking everywhere without avail, love the play.

I don't like el Laberinto del Fauno, but I'm just not into fantasy, The Orphanage is freaky as.

OP, for Almodovar, have you seen Habla con ella?
    Er, well it's in my college's library and my teacher also has a copy so we've just been changing between the two whenever we misplace one. Have you tried your local libraries? I always find that they're a good place to start for DVDs that everyone else has forgotten about

ReputationRep:
    Er, well it's in my college's library and my teacher also has a copy so we've just been changing between the two whenever we misplace one. Have you tried your local libraries? I always find that they're a good place to start for DVDs that everyone else has forgotten about
    Our local library is useless, and I've searched the internet til I was blue in the face :confused:. Thanks though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by komovalondon)
    Our local library is useless, and I've searched the internet til I was blue in the face :confused:. Thanks though.
    I realise you have London in your username but is that definitely where you live? Manchester City Council's libraries are surprisingly well-stocked given that little to no people are ever in the one that are near to me. I'm sure you could always use your college card to try and use the library of a local university and explain to the librarian on the welcome desk that you'd like to borrow a book and that it's pertinent to your studies - I must've used that a million times, especially for Politics journals and various Pushkin books. All they've ever wanted is confirmation from college and it's worked a treat ever since

ReputationRep:
    I realise you have London in your username but is that definitely where you live? Manchester City Council's libraries are surprisingly well-stocked given that little to no people are ever in the one that are near to me. I'm sure you could always use your college card to try and use the library of a local university and explain to the librarian on the welcome desk that you'd like to borrow a book and that it's pertinent to your studies - I must've used that a million times, especially for Politics journals and various Pushkin books. All they've ever wanted is confirmation from college and it's worked a treat ever since
    No! I live in Lincoln, options are limited!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.