meg213
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Which, according to you, is a better place to live and study in, and why : Sheffield, Nottingham, Lancaster? By better, I mean being friendly for international students for example. Thanks!
LysFromParis
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by meg213)
Which, according to you, is a better place to live and study in, and why : Sheffield, Nottingham, Lancaster? By better, I mean being friendly for international students for example. Thanks!
Which degree do you apply for ?
evantej
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by meg213)
I would go for Sheffield, Lancaster, and then Nottingham; you might switch the latter two if you cannot stand being in a small town though (i.e. Lancaster). Nottingham did not make a particularly impressive impression on me when I went through it last week, but I visited Sheffield too, and the city-centre and university look nice.
meg213
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by LysFromParis)
Which degree do you apply for ?
My degree is an MSc in Economics but I'm more interested to know the study as well as living environment of the place rather than the ranking of departments. For my course, as far as I know, Notts tops the list.
Little Jules
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really like Nottingham as a city, and the campus is large and very pretty. Nottingham's halls of residence are all on the campus, which is outside of the city, so it has quite a campus feel. I don't really know the other two.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.84%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.68%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.67%
It might lead to more bullying (83)
35.47%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.34%

Watched Threads