Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Historians who got A's, get A's in coursework, shine your light upon me... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lol, i need help with my history coursework (a2 edexcel), i'm just feeling really arghhh and all over the place about it.
    essay quesion:
    To what extentdo you consider that WW1was a key turning point in the development of Modern Russia in the years 1856-1964?
    I googled the essay question and found this sttructure for it, is it okay if i just do what it says in here:
    I would break the topic down into three parts; political, social and economic modernisation, and examine the events in the light of these three headings. Then I would look at where Russia was in 1856 and where the Soviet Union was in 1964.

The first thing I would look at is Russia before Emancipation, and how the politics, society and economics of Russia were hindering development. Then by looking at Russia after Emancipation and before the industrial reforms of Count Witte in the 1880s an assessment of the progress towards modernisation had been made. I would merge the 1905 Revolution into a section on WWI and the two revolutions of 1917, simply because the grievances that fired the 1905 were still present in 1914 and re-ignited by the war.
    Russia after the Revolution, despite the changes brought about by the Civil War, the Red Terror and the policies of War Communism and New Economic Policy, can be examined as a whole, again focusing on the politics, society and economy.
    Stalin's rule (and it is correct to call the country the Soviet Union - well from 1922 onwards), can also be examined quite succinctly, as once the programme of collectivisation and the Five Year Plans was begun, these policies remained in place until his death. WWII should be very briefly examined - as it had surprisingly little affect on policy (except during the war).
    Khrushchev;s rule - up until 1964, can be examined even more briefly, as apart from tinkering with the Stalinist system, and removing its worst excesses, the basic policies remained the same from Stalin's time. However, the Soviet Union's technological advances in this period were enormous - Sputnik, Gagarin and Tereshkova for example.

In my conclusion I would very briefly explain why I thought that WWI was a pivotal point in the modernisation of Russia, in the light of the political, societal and economic changes outlined in my essay.

? what do i actually need to do, i just want to get this coursework done today! when researching events and situations, i just need to research what the cause of that event was and what the effect of the event was, for example; did it hinder development, if so economically, politically? was it the main reason for russias development, how did it lead to development in modern russia?:eek:
    I need an A in this, if not a high B- help mee.. This is my draft for the coursework

ReputationRep:
    HiStOrYeEeEeEeeee.

ReputationRep:
    Bump :/

ReputationRep:
    So you basically want someone to write your coursework for you, so bump the thread after less than an hour?

What the bit in bold says (despite not being your own work, so effectively plagiarism) is pretty much right. Consider how Russia changed in the period, and to what extent the war impacted upon that, and what other factors were important. You always have to look at social, economic and political factors. Think about whether things like the 1917 revolutions would have happened without the war, what the economic effect was, how it changed the class structure, but what effect other things had - emancipation of the serfs, introduction of the duma, Witte's industrial reforms, etc.

I don't really understand what your question is. You say what you need to do and put a question mark at the end. Do your own work.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I got an A from my teacher then ended up with a B from the exam board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    So you basically want someone to write your coursework for you, so bump the thread after less than an hour?

What the bit in bold says (despite not being your own work, so effectively plagiarism) is pretty much right. Consider how Russia changed in the period, and to what extent the war impacted upon that, and what other factors were important. You always have to look at social, economic and political factors. Think about whether things like the 1917 revolutions would have happened without the war, what the economic effect was, how it changed the class structure, but what effect other things had - emancipation of the serfs, introduction of the duma, Witte's industrial reforms, etc.

I don't really understand what your question is. You say what you need to do and put a question mark at the end. Do your own work.
    No i don't want someone to do my work for me, i'm asking if what i said was right. I'm not actually plagerising it, i only picked out the events from it. I also wanted to know hether it waas possible for me to do all this work in a day! i bumped teh thread because peopel who have already done teh coursework, could've have gave some pointers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    Well, I got an A from my teacher then ended up with a B from the exam board
    If i do what i proposed, am i on the right track? how long did it take you to do your work?
    Shall i just plan in the booklet? it has a table stating themes and the extent of change, causes of change etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpneeded-a)
    If i do what i proposed, am i on the right track? how long did it take you to do your work?
    Shall i just plan in the booklet? it has a table stating themes and the extent of change, causes of change etc
    I'm afraid we didn't even touch Russia in our two years - I'd be of no help

Just do as you teacher instructs I suppose

ReputationRep:
    If it was OCR Nazi Germany A2 I might've been able to help sorry! All I can suggest is read around historian's arguments as much as you can.

I got 74/80 on my coursework, it was brought down to 66/80 by moderation because some people didn't reference properly so everyone got brought down. That cost me my A in History and my place at my first choice uni. Sorry needed a rant there! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosee92)
    If it was OCR Nazi Germany A2 I might've been able to help sorry! All I can suggest is read around historian's arguments as much as you can.

I got 74/80 on my coursework, it was brought down to 66/80 by moderation because some people didn't reference properly so everyone got brought down. That cost me my A in History and my place at my first choice uni. Sorry needed a rant there! Good luck!
    Damn it, this is going to take ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosee92)

:eek: that is awful. Obviously it is far too late to do anything now, but did you not have the opportunity to contest that. Assuming that you were one of the students who correctly followed the instructions on how to reference.

To the OP - you are not going to get this done in a day unless you want to get a D !!

To get a good grade in any assignment you have to give yourself time to select the material, write it down and then have plenty of time to read and re read and then edit, edit edit and proof read. If you have not got time to put it down for about 48 hours and then proof read/edit again, get someone in your family to read it through. They do not need to know anything about Russian history to be able to say to you "this sentence is rambling on" or "the punctuation does not make sense".

The other trick is to read through the specifications - and the marking scheme so that you know exactly what the grade is being given for.

ReputationRep:
    Try this website if your looking for sources:
    www.firstworldwar.com
    I did my A2 history coursework on the impact of WW1 on the USA so not quite the same but this site still fits the time scale.
    You will also not get your coursework done today. I'm sorry, but it takes weeks (days if you just work on that + have all you notes etc.).
    I found it helpful to brainstorm ideas with my parents. I know it sounds weird, but if they didn't have a clue what I was going on about then I needed to do better.
    You also need a substantial conclusion - it should not be brief (edexcel very picky about this). I also would not look at the essay you put up again in case you do subconciously use wording from it.

Oh, I got an A in my coursework

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.