Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing this exam in January? I have a feeling I'm going to find the case study questions quite hard as we've done hardly anything on it and I don't really understand what it's about, does anyone have any possible questions or know any questions your teacher thinks that may come up about this case study? Also for section B (the normal content from the book questions) does anyone have an idea of what content might come up?

ReputationRep:
    I also need help. anyone have anything on the analysis of the pre release. please help

ReputationRep:
    Same here, im really nervous about this test
    I cant seem to motivate myself to revise either :/

ReputationRep:
    If you need a bit of help with the prerelease read the analysis I did for my class.

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resour...lysis-6067159/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marthamonkey)
    If you need a bit of help with the prerelease read the analysis I did for my class.

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resour...lysis-6067159/
    Thank you so much!
    This looks really useful, much better than anything we were given in class

ReputationRep:
    definitely DREADING this exam!!! oh well, none in june which is soo good!!!!

ReputationRep:
    thank you very much for the resources and oh my god, i am soo scared, dreading it

ReputationRep:
    I'm dreading it and I'm the teacher! :-)
    My tips would be to do as much prep as possible on the pre-release - look through the sample questions I did. Make sure you have got the different development methods - iterative and linear clearly defined and you know the advs and disadvantages. Practice drawing an entity relationship diagram and a context diagram.

If you fall a bit below what you hoped to get, then don't be too upset as you can usually improve your grade with a good coursework for INFO4. You should go all out on that to get an A, which is more than possible if you follow the marking guide rigorously.

ReputationRep:
    Barely done any revision for this but I've got some exam questions that my teacher thinks might come up about the scenario, MOTS system:

Scenario Exam Questions

1. You have been asked by the managing director of Mulcaster developments who are designing and building the MOTS system to provide advice on using the iterative rather than linear, development methods to reduce the 11 month development period. (18 marks)

2. The developers of the MOTS system are unsure on the ways they can provide training to their users once the system has gone live. Advise them on the methods available drawing on benefits and drawbacks of each (12 marks)

3. The company are concerned over security and has asked you for advice on the use of a security policy (8 marks)

4. Mulcaster developments have previously had developments which were not successful and lost money. They are concerned with the mixed response they gained from the questionnaires so would like some advice on what factors could make the development fail. (15 marks)

5. Mulcastor developments hope they build an ideal system for the requirements but there are bound to be users who need to be supported after release. Discuss and recommend at least 3 ways in which they could support their users after release. (Don't know how many marks, sorry !)

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    here are my notes if anyone wants 'em. this is the scribd link if you dont wanna download...enjoy and good luck everyone!!! i think we're all gonna need it!!! much love

http://www.scribd.com/doc/47544414/INFO3-Revision-Notes
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docxINFO3 Revision Notes.docx (729.6 KB, 273 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penji_man)
    here are my notes if anyone wants 'em. this is the scribd link if you dont wanna download...enjoy and good luck everyone!!! i think we're all gonna need it!!! much love

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Dude... I think I love you. Thanks!

Iterative
    Repeating steps till you get the good **** at the end. Only when developers and clients are happy with a particular stage, then it is all good.
    xD

ReputationRep:
    Sick... thanks for that mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackWoot)
    Dude... I think I love you. Thanks!

xD
    hahahaha i added my own element and method of revising this kinda stuff. i feel by adding profanities to my notes, it makes me remember stuff!! friends said it worked too!! good luck buddy!! people dont know how hard this subject is!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penji_man)

THANK YOU <3
    Seriously dreading this exam haha, if the 20 marker is on testing or different types of systems I will probably break down lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviaL)
    THANK YOU &lt;3
    Seriously dreading this exam haha, if the 20 marker is on testing or different types of systems I will probably break down lol
    20 marker is a make-or-break question with all AQA exams. thats why i dont like this board. you can pretty much ace the rest of the paper but your grade can be decided on question and one part of a wide breath of knowledge, which you evidenced in previous questions!!! ****ting myeslf man!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dharmesh14)
    Sick... thanks for that mate!
    no worries man!! goood luck bruuda!!

ReputationRep:
    So how did everyone think it went? I'm pretty sure I did really badly

ReputationRep:
    I found it really hard. It managed to pick out my weaknesses and leave my strengths like testing and system life cycle out...

Bob.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyvody do on the 18 and 20 mark questions? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What content did you guys use in the last question, the one about Gordon Brown and his statement?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.