Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey ! How are you all! This thread concerns those who have/had/are done with thought of running away due to parents or siblings for either a change, independency or abroad university drama!

Would like to listen to your opinions about such things whether i am a girl /boy should i attempt such a runaway & upset my parents? Well they are not listening to me atm :rolleyes: . I would like to study architecture abroad at either hong kong, south korea, holland or any where good at europe! But they are not allowing me and are saying they won't finance me abroad & i don't want to study it at my current place Dubai -U.A.E :confused:

What should i do ? I think by studying abroad i will gain experience, maturity & become independent although i cann't wake up to my alarm clock at the moment ...so guys what should i do ...if anyone who has taken the step that i am willing to take please share how did you manage it & how do you feel right now?!

Thanks alot ... advice appreciated!:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hold on...you are running away because your parents arent letting you study abroad! :lolwut:
    They arent beating you? Or abusing you? They just want you to study in dubai?
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Surely Dubai would be a bloody brilliant place to study architecture?!

I think by studying abroad i will gain experience, maturity & become independent
      You need those BEFORE you go off to another country on your own.

ReputationRep:
      If you can't even stand up for yourself to your parents I doubt you would fare well studying abroad on your own. In conclusion, grow up!

ReputationRep:
      ummm...you want to become independant but are considering running away because your parents won't fund your moving away? hmmm
      Anyways, even if you run away they won't fund it so I don't really get what you're on about truth be told

ReputationRep:
      I succeeded in running away from home AND got my parents to fund everything, hahah!!

Bottomline, you need to convince your parents that you have the maturity to live on your own.

ReputationRep:
      I wanted to do major in architecture ever since I was 7.
      Id love to study abroad in Dubai. :cry:

I swear I would punch you if I could

ReputationRep:
      I think we can safely conclude that OP is an idiot.

ReputationRep:
      But I won't be no runaway 'cause I won't run
      No I won't be no runaway 'cause I won't run
      What makes you think I'm enjoying being led to the flood
      We got another thing coming undone

ReputationRep:
      Because running away is definitely the way to show how mature you are.

ReputationRep:
      Lewron > ... Yup .... am thinking of it as a side plan! .... No ..No ....yeah!

screwnormality > ... Do you think so ? But i have only two universitys on my mind here & they are well bloody expensive according to my parents!

FXX > ... Lol ... No you don't ...all of it comes when you go through something!

DiZZeekiD > ... Well .. How should I when it is a flat NO NO from them :s ??

alibobs > ... I know but atleast I would make them repent (6) and get what i want! Have a little bit savings of my own ( $ 922) ...will have to think if that would do! :P

blergh87 > ... Yay...nice ! Well I am trying my best! But they are not listening.

Peahykeen09 > ... Really! ...glad to hear that ! Are you pursuing architecture now? From where if so ? In dubai there are limited universities & average supply of teachers ..thats why am being rebellious ! ..at that moment which one you had in your mind ?

CB91 > ... Really!

Well warm thanks to you all...but now i am seriously confused

ReputationRep:
      My cousin who lives in the states ran away to the circus.

I dont know the exact details, but basically she was interested in and practised gymnastics as was quite good, circus came to town, she talked to them, mentioned it to her parents which where largely non supportive, then she left with them. Parents not at all impressed. Did about four years of gymnastics and contortion with them including some good and bad experiences and then sort of grew out of it and came back home. Shes now made up with her parents and is studying art&design.

Not everyones cuppa, and im sure it wouldnt work that why for everyone, but it can work.

Daniel

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tillytots)
      Because running away is definitely the way to show how mature you are.
      Was that sarcasim? :eek: ..really do you think that will work out? :confused:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bluefire)
      Hey ! How are you all! This thread concerns those who have/had/are done with thought of running away due to parents or siblings for either a change, independency or abroad university drama!

Would like to listen to your opinions about such things whether i am a girl /boy should i attempt such a runaway & upset my parents? Well they are not listening to me atm :rolleyes: . I would like to study architecture abroad at either hong kong, south korea, holland or any where good at europe! But they are not allowing me and are saying they won't finance me abroad & i don't want to study it at my current place Dubai -U.A.E :confused:

What should i do ? I think by studying abroad i will gain experience, maturity & become independent although i cann't wake up to my alarm clock at the moment ...so guys what should i do ...if anyone who has taken the step that i am willing to take please share how did you manage it & how do you feel right now?!

Thanks alot ... advice appreciated!:cool:
      No money. No travel. You keep studying in Dubai.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Peachykeen09)

Hey, why don't you make a student exchange with the OP? He want to leave Dubai, you want to go to Dubai. EASY!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
      Hey, why don't you make a student exchange with the OP? He want to leave Dubai, you want to go to Dubai. EASY!
      I'm down :cool:

ReputationRep:
      Running away isn't the solution. You say you want to be independent etc, why not finance yourself? Get a job, a loan etc. Show them you can take care of yourself.
      You're an adult after all above 18, they should give you advice but not decide what you do.

ReputationRep:
      What a moronic OP

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Peachykeen09)

It's a horrible place to study. Average unis, **** all to do in the summer. Admittedly it's very nice in the winter, but if you ever get bored of it, you have to get on a pretty long flight to get to anywhere different.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.