The Student Room Group

The queen is comeing to Ireland

*grabs petrol bombs* :colone:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
She's probably already got hers ready for you.

*Her Majesty the Queen.
(edited 13 years ago)
It's 'coming'.
Reply 3
Original post by rylit91
She's probably already got hers ready for you.

the queen (or big Q as i call her) aint built like that... foo:cool:
Just imagine the Queen with grenades attached to her legs, and an MK-48 in her hands. She would look like a machine.
Reply 5
Off with her head!
Hmm, can't see this ending well! Which part of Ireland is she visiting?
Why are the Irish so stuck in the past - in relation to a proportion of them kicking up a fuss over this? I mean just get over it and move on, ffs.
Reply 8
Original post by Margaret Thatcher
Why are the Irish so stuck in the past - in relation to a proportion of them kicking up a fuss over this? I mean just get over it and move on, ffs.

Yeah it's not like she's going over there to claim herself the rightful ruler of Ireland. It's just a state visit.
Reply 9

why is that white english people always say that to, jews, blacks, native americans, irish and any other disenfranchised people that they should "get over it" but then make a big deal of wanting to celabrate their british history and "hold on" to british culture because they think its being diluted out of their country?

i mean the bnp (and you dont get much more british then that) see's its self as being victemised by the ****ing romans with Boudicca being held in regard similar to Rosa Parks figure
Original post by Mick.w
why is that white english people always say that to, jews, blacks, native americans, irish and any other disenfranchised people that they should "get over it" but then make a big deal of wanting to celabrate their british history and "hold on" to british culture because they think its being diluted out of their country?

i mean the bnp (and you dont get much more british then that) see's its self as being victemised by the ****ing romans with Boudicca being held in regard similar to Rosa Parks figure

Celebrating tradition and history =/= holding on to past grudges.
Reply 11
Original post by Mick.w

Haha, I disagree with your statement about the Queen not being built for petrol bombs (she's a trained mechanic - she'll win our hearts over with a few joy-ridings, no doubt) but THIS is so true.

There's more to popular Irish history than holding grudges. Maybe it doesn't seem like it, but there really is more to it, if you bothered to look past this obviously humourous thread. There is FAR more celebration of famous cultural and sporting figures and scientific achievements than there is moaning about the past. This is coming from a VERY grumpy and pessimistic native.

Also, the point isn't that it's wrong to celebrate British history - just that the points given by Tory rags seem to everyone else to be mostly "If we don't, soon they'll be saying that Churchill was a Muslim!"
Reply 12

yea cause the english still love germans
Reply 13
Original post by Elrobi
Haha, I disagree with your statement about the Queen not being built for petrol bombs (she's a trained mechanic - she'll win our hearts over with a few joy-ridings, no doubt) but THIS is so true.

There's more to popular Irish history than holding grudges. Maybe it doesn't seem like it, but there really is more to it, if you bothered to look past this obviously humourous thread. There is FAR more celebration of famous cultural and sporting figures and scientific achievements than there is moaning about the past. This is coming from a VERY grumpy and pessimistic native.

Also, the point isn't that it's wrong to celebrate British history - just that the points given by Tory rags seem to everyone else to be mostly "If we don't, soon they'll be saying that Churchill was a Muslim!"

loyalist scum :dry:
Original post by Mick.w

Original post by Mick.w
*grabs petrol bombs* :colone:

I hope she stays there, we don't want her here any more.
Reply 15
yea we really saw that with the whole world cup in germany thing.

lets all have a party when thatcher dies
Reply 17
Original post by Mick.w

I'm afraid you cannot be taken seriously. Largely due to your spelling, but mostly because you've just compared an army leading war goddess who stood up to and defeated the most powerful war machine of the time, to someone who sat on a bus.
Reply 18
Original post by rylit91
I'm afraid you cannot be taken seriously. Largely due to your spelling, but mostly because you've just compared an army leading war goddess who stood up to and defeated the most powerful war machine of the time, to someone who sat on a bus.

I am better than you and above grammer.

its strange though that despite having the benafit of a decent enough education to afford to be pedantic about grammer. boudicca was a person, not a goddess. she also stood up and got defeated by the romans. the most powerful war machine of all time was the mongolians. romans were better at admin than war.
Reply 19
Original post by Mick.w
I am better than you and above grammer.

its strange though that despite having the benafit of a decent enough education to afford to be pedantic about grammer. boudicca was a person, not a goddess. she also stood up and got defeated by the romans. the most powerful war machine of all time was the mongolians. romans were better at admin than war.

I'd still say the Romans. The Romans held onto and defended their land for many many years. The mongols just rode through attacked then buggered off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending