Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do girls become so fat after uni starts? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Something i've noticed, quite funny really because they don't seem to notice otherwise they'd do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you've just sobered up.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people of both genders become fat after uni starts. Maybe because they are too lazy to cook and eat properly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)

Most enlightened post of the day.

ReputationRep:
    I was fat before uni started :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Probably lack of healthy food and masses of empty calories in alcohol. Although one of my friends went to uni and came back for xmas a stone lighter (she was a size 18 and only 5ft before). But she lives on ready meals cos she can't cook and has lost weight because she's going to the gym 4 times a week. Before uni she wouldn't even walk to the corner shop..

ReputationRep:
    Oh great, i'm going to be obese.
    Edit: i want to go to the gym everry day- become shexxxy!

ReputationRep:
    that aint true

ReputationRep:
    I put on a stone in my first term at uni, mainly because of drinking, late night kebabs/chips, eating cantine type food all the time.

I lost it all over the holidays though and now I just put on a little bit every term and just diet when I get home. I guess some people just forget to do the diet part *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    I didn't. :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    I lost about a stone during my first term, actually! Mainly because I kept forgetting to eat and can't cook at all

Put a fair bit back on since I got home though, so I'll be back on the starvation diet when I go back in January :p:

ReputationRep:
    Fewer home cooked meals means more unhealthy junk food take-away

Too busy with workload to play sports or work out regularly

Sitting around for large proportion of the day when studying

Hope I don't get fat :eek:

ReputationRep:
    peer pressure?

ReputationRep:
    live 2mins away from uni
    sit on your a** all day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemons)
    I put on a stone in my first term at uni, mainly because of drinking, late night kebabs/chips, eating cantine type food all the time.

I lost it all over the holidays though and now I just put on a little bit every term and just diet when I get home. I guess some people just forget to do the diet part *shrugs*
    When I first read that I thought it said "eating cocaine" :eek:
    I was like - Did she just slip in the fact that she consumes cocaine? In a really non nonchalant fashion? And then I realised . And came here to tell y'all about it :thumbsup:.

I'll leave now.

ReputationRep:
    ALCOHOL.

ReputationRep:
    Takeaways, alcohol...

My firm=very sporty uni, I'll be going to the gym a lot hopefully.. don't want to put on weight

ReputationRep:
    It happens in college, too. An abundance of greasy food and alcohol combined with little exercise due to the increased workload = fat chicks. Not too sure why it mainly affects ladies, though. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I can never put on weight even when i want to, so hopefully I'll be okay, but basically BEER/ALCOHOL and JUNK FOOD can be easily totalled up during term time hehe

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.