Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok…

so im 20 yrs old and after doing my a levels, i went off to uni and started doing a maths degree, but i dropped uot after the first yr cos i hated the course. now, im thinking i should go into acca, cos that what i would have done after my maths degree anyway.

so there are some things that i wanted to know.

1. what is the best option for me, aat or acca?
    2. can someone please tell me specifically how much acca would cost if i decide to do it?
    3. is there any sort of financial help availabe for the acca in the uk, if u start it right from the beginning?
    4. i had a look at the lsbf and bpp websites, i wanted to kno if the exam fees were included in the fees they charge or is that separate?
    5. i know acca would take abt 5 yrs to complete, but how long does it take to do all 3 levels of the aat?
    6. how many and which papers would i be exempt from if i do acca after aat?
    7. would i still be elligible for the bsc in applied accounting if i do the aat?
    8. and is the bsc degree worth anything, since i read somewhere that it doesnt hold too much value in the accounting world?

please please please someone answer my questions, im very very stressed! please!

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in the progress of acca. This qualification may coust 2000-3000pounds for completion( including the book materials and exam fees). If you need take courses, it will cost more.

Exam fees are paid seperately before every exam session. If you wanna know how many papers you are eligible for ecemption, just email them for the answer. ACCA will grant the exemption status according to your situation.

As far as I process, I feel the ACCA qualification is a good chioce for you to grasp the accounting knowledge. hope my humble advice works.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.