Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POLL: Stairway to Heaven. Led Zeppelin or Far Corporation? Watch

• View Poll Results: Led Zeppelin or Far Corporation?
    Led Zeppelin
    94.44%
    Far Corporation
    5.56%

ReputationRep:
    Having a debate with my dad a few days ago about which is the better version. He prefers Far Corporations cover. I prefer the original. Although the drums on Far Corporations are the sex. :coma:

Which do you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    Gota love the Zeppelin version but I prefer Lissie's cover - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMS2O4rZyWY
    Herd it live on radio2 and loved it straight away

ReputationRep:
    Led Zeppelin. Your dad needs a slap for even thinking otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    LedZep all the way...

As for the drumming... it's average for a professional. Listen to someone like Steve Gadd, Thomas Lang, Neil Peart, Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, John Bonham (Ledzep drummer - absolutley incredible), Keith Moon etc.

ReputationRep:
    I did try to listen to Far Corporation's cover, but to be honest before I even had, I knew I'd vote for Led Zeppelin. Far Corporation's cover didn't sound right to me though, probably because I've grown up listening to Led Zeppelin so I was always going to prefer their original.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theorb21)
    LedZep all the way...

As for the drumming... it's average for a professional. Listen to someone like Steve Gadd, Thomas Lang, Neil Peart, Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, John Bonham (Ledzep drummer - absolutley incredible), Keith Moon etc.
    Looks like im winning. :jiggy:

I do like Far Corporations version, but there is that special something about the original.

Also, I meant I prefer the deeper booming noise of Far Corporations drums.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Someone Here Is Missing by The Pineapple Thief
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    How can anyone saying anything BUT led zep?

ReputationRep:
    Far corporation's version was absolutely terrible. Sounded like some stupid pop version of the original, killing it. Original all the way.

ReputationRep:
    Conclusive poll. :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    People will ALWAYS say the original of ANY song cannot be matched, no covers can do it justice. And then when we're talking about a band like Led Zep, well... it's not even up for debate.

Personally, I think Far Corporation's version is fantastic, and certainly does the original justice.

ReputationRep:
    Led Zeppelin, listen to the song backwards
    http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking/st...backwards.html

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.