Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Driving a car at uni? First year? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just wondering what the policy is for bringing a car at uni? Some friends have said you're able to, but others have said you can't, due to parking issues n ting.

The uni's I've applied to and have offers from are, Exeter, Bath, Cardiff and Sussex.

ReputationRep:
    See attachment.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Look it up on their websites yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrislpp)
    See attachment.

(Original post by Trolper)
    Look it up on their websites yourself
    Yeah sorry, my bad, I forgot it was illegal to ask anything on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I think at Sussex you only get considered for a parking space if you live off-campus. I know a handful of people who drive in, but I think most don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    It's illegal to pass the buck on something that is so easy for you to find out, this work ethic isn't going to cut it at uni, you need to get your act together if you have a chance at good honours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    The fact that you can't simply do some research, IE find a contact which is displayed publicly on the universities website, where you would get the answer straight in plain english, is honestly depressing. All you were ever going to get here at best was more ''yes you can'' ''no you can't'' answers

ReputationRep:
    this is asked every week i swear

1) most uni's will not want you to bring your car
    2) ring them and find out

ReputationRep:
    i lolled at the replies to this thread ah man you were owned by that noooooooooooooooooooooob lol bad times

ReputationRep:
    I hope you've used the 4 hours since you posted this thread to research this instead of relying on everyone else to do everything for you. Some people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butted)
    I hope you've used the 4 hours since you posted this thread to research this instead of relying on everyone else to do everything for you. Some people...
    This is team based work, we all pitched in.

IE People like me with the brains and the brawn do most of the work while the dip****s in the group do nothing for months.... and do not get helped by me in any way when it matters then try to say it's my fault they failed at their education when in reality, it is what you take from it, not what is given to you.

I'm really glad I am enlightened, and I know how pretentious this sounds, but really, I am humble, but some of the twits you come across in this life really can make you realise you're a lifetime ahead.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.