Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how much you pay for the internet ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    yea i wanted to know this becuse i live in a flat on my own and i've just realised i didnt have unlimited download as my broadband package ......now if i change to unlimited downloads i'll be paying 25 quid every month is this reasonable ???

i don't know how much does everyone pay ?
    im with 02 btw

ReputationRep:
    Over 9000! ppa.

ReputationRep:
    is this for your phone or comp/laptop? i pay £10 a month with orange for wireless

ReputationRep:
    I use plusnet, its £11.49 - £17.99 a month (depending where you live), 60 gb allowance a month, which, much to my own suprise, I have never gone over. Their contracts are monthly, instead of annually.

If you go with them, don't sign up for phone! Their phone prices are high. Internet is good though, they have a "we'll beat any price" guarentee.

ReputationRep:
    I pay £15 just for internet with T-mobile dongle.

ReputationRep:
    £17.50 for unlimited downloads with Sky.

ReputationRep:
    What ever Tiscali/Talk Talk charge for the unlimited downloads package.

ReputationRep:
    this is just me and my laptop and a phone line whici is complusory

ReputationRep:
    £19/month for ADSL with Naims.net (30GB on peak, 300GB off peak). Have bad experiences with plus.net, demon, and BT in the past; horrendous customer service. I don't use any that force more than a 1 month contract either.

At uni we have been forced into using Virgin Media due to not having a phone line. The service is pretty unreliable, often becomes very slow and drops connections in the evening. It's fast at times but they haven't got a clearly articulated usage policy which is irritating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonkeyPope)
    I use plusnet, its £11.49 - £17.99 a month (depending where you live), 60 gb allowance a month, which, much to my own suprise, I have never gone over. Their contracts are monthly, instead of annually.

If you go with them, don't sign up for phone! Their phone prices are high. Internet is good though, they have a "we'll beat any price" guarentee.
    same here. £11.25 a month. Cheapest i have come across and have never needed more than 60GB.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Tesco Phone and Broadband :sexface:

It's about £21 a month before all the extra phone charges, but it is unlimited downloads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inversion)
    £19/month for ADSL with Naims.net (30GB on peak, 300GB off peak). Have bad experiences with plus.net, demon, and BT in the past; horrendous customer service. I don't use any that force more than a 1 month contract either.

At uni we have been forced into using Virgin Media due to not having a phone line. The service is pretty unreliable, often becomes very slow and drops connections in the evening. It's fast at times but they haven't got a clearly articulated usage policy which is irritating.
    By usage policy, I expect you mean Fair Use Policy... which in Virgin Media's case is simply their Traffic Management Policy, which is arguably the most clearly laid out and candid that I've seen: http://shop.virginmedia.com/help/tra...nt-policy.html

I'm guessing you're on their 20meg package, which wasn't enough for me and my partner between 4-9pm, so in a shared house, I'd always recommend that you get their 50meg totally unrestricted package.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweety_2479)
    yea i wanted to know this becuse i live in a flat on my own and i've just realised i didnt have unlimited download as my broadband package ......now if i change to unlimited downloads i'll be paying 25 quid every month is this reasonable ???

i don't know how much does everyone pay ?
    im with 02 btw
    I pay 21pm including line rental and phone.

It's unlimited internet with sky.

O2.

It should cost £15 a month, but you get a £5 discount if the bill payer is an O2 mobile customer (as my mum is). So it's £10 a month for 20Mbps, I live 200m from a 21CN exchange and I've never had my traffic shaped or throttled yet

ReputationRep:
      Broadband-wise, £15/month for 50Mbps Internet connection w/unlimited downloads, split between 5 people in our house, so £3/month each.

Mobile phone wise, it's just included in my contract, and probably works out to be roughly 75p/month for whatever Vodafone's FUP permits, which I think is about 1GB - plenty for push email/calendar/todos etc.

ReputationRep:
      £7.50 with O2

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DarkWhite)
      Broadband-wise, £15/month for 50Mbps Internet connection w/unlimited downloads, split between 5 people in our house, so £3/month each.
      I assume this is Virgin? May I ask how you managed to get it so cheap?

ReputationRep:
      With O2, get unlimited I think, pay £12 a month for it, but got like 6 months free...

ReputationRep:
      Nothing. I downloaded the entire internet onto my pc in the late nineties and have been 'working offline' ever since.

ReputationRep:
      If it for your Laptop/Computer it should charge you £50-100 per month, as there are a lot of plans to select from. It all depends on your needs. If you want an Unlimited plan you can go for £100 plan, where you get 512 kbps of Internet completely unlimited.
      For mobile I use £15 plan from my service provider. I am quite good with it at the moment.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.