Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm on my gap year and I was wondering how I can find internship to do during my gap year. Since already on my gap year it might be almost impossible but I'm not looking for a paid one. I just want experience on investment banking.

Should I send emails to companies asking for one with which uni I got into?? (I'm gonna be doing maths at Oxford)

I do have something planned for gap year but investment banking is the path I want to take when I graduate so please give me help on how I should find an internship!!

Thank you so much on advance

ReputationRep:
    Do any of your relatives work in the industry or know anyone that does? If so ask them. If not then cold calling small firms is your best bet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sangin Know)
    Hi

I'm on my gap year and I was wondering how I can find internship to do during my gap year. Since already on my gap year it might be almost impossible but I'm not looking for a paid one. I just want experience on investment banking.

Should I send emails to companies asking for one with which uni I got into?? (I'm gonna be doing maths at Oxford)

I do have something planned for gap year but investment banking is the path I want to take when I graduate so please give me help on how I should find an internship!!

It's hard to get anything meaningful until you start university. Your best bet is to cold-call smaller smaller places asking for a few days here and there.

ReputationRep:
    GS and JPM offer programmes for A-Level students. I don't think they're internships though. It's more of an open day type deal. I'm planning on applying to quite a few programmes like this, apparantly it looks good when it comes to applying for spring weeks etc.

Do you think you're that good?

If yes, try to persuade me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by President_Ben)
      Do you think you're that good?

If yes, try to persuade me.
      CV + CL?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sangin Know)
      Hi

Rothschild do a gap year 6 month internship, as do KPMG.... have a peek!

ReputationRep:
      ^His first sentence reads "I'm on my gap year".

It's a start.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.