Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR G544 (Approaches and research methods) 02/02/11 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, just wondering if anyone else is doing this paper and how their revision is going
    I've done a lot of practise on section A (procedure) so i should be okay on that but still a bit confused on observations and self report methods :/
    Haven't done that much work on section B but not too sure what could come up

ReputationRep:
    Haven't done any, i'm very under prepared.

I want to get the best mark in the class, so gonna be really tuned in for this next month... hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Section A questions on correlations and self reports are highly unlikely to come up on the Feb exam, because both of them have already come up on the previous 2 exams.... according to my teacher.

ReputationRep:
    yeah my teacher said the same about correlation unlikely to come up
    For section B, in the last 2 exams they have had a question on an approach, but i'm not sure if they will again. There are so many topics that could come up under approaches, perspectives, methods, issues & debates :/ no idea how we're supposed to learn them and answer 8 mark questions on them.

edit: just found quite a good document, gives some examples/studies you can use for section B
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docapproaches methods debates.doc (53.0 KB, 4382 views)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm im not sure, I think an approach may come up again.....and i am hoping its the physiological approach !

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this exam too, correlation is much harder on section A than experiments, i find it hard to come up with things to do for correlation so as far as section A goes I'll be hoping for experiment!

Section B it would be great if ethics came up but I don't think it will because it was on one of the past papers

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the exam as well.. but I'm unsure about the debates, for example, the nature-nurture debate, would they ask for strengths and weaknesses of the whole debate or just one part like nature?

ReputationRep:
    I think they will make it specific in that situation like strengths/weaknesses of just nature side of the debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalala1)
    I'm doing the exam as well.. but I'm unsure about the debates, for example, the nature-nurture debate, would they ask for strengths and weaknesses of the whole debate or just one part like nature?
    Going by past papers they tend to ask questions like, 'how does the physiological approach support to the nature debate'

ReputationRep:
    the mark scheme for june 2010 paper if anyone needs it
    Attached Images
  2. File Type: pdf7729132801282599893.pdf (184.8 KB, 403 views)

ReputationRep:
    thanks. i hope an easy debate/approach comes up in the exam !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atofu)
    the mark scheme for june 2010 paper if anyone needs it
    Past paper please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ro27)
    Past paper please?
    Here you go
    Attached Images
  3. File Type: pdfG544Jun10.pdf (113.5 KB, 171 views)

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know the strengths and weaknesses for the nature-nurture debate and the determinism and free will debate pleaseee ?

ReputationRep:
    Here is a worksheet my teacher gave to me, the strengths and weaknesses are a little brief but i can't think of any more at the moment xD hopefully this will help you a bit though
    Attached Files
  4. File Type: docxdebates.docx (121.3 KB, 1631 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atofu)
    Here is a worksheet my teacher gave to me, the strengths and weaknesses are a little brief but i can't think of any more at the moment xD hopefully this will help you a bit though
    thank you veryy much!!

ReputationRep:
    I hope debates do not come up, least interesting. I think it will be a perspective.

ReputationRep:
    SECTION B ISSS SOO ANNOOYYYIIINNNNGGGG :mad:

ReputationRep:
    another question.. in section B.. will there always be a choice of a question on debates and a question on approaches or can they put two questions on two debates or two approaches?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atofu)
    Here you go
    AMAZINGGGGGGGG thanks so much xxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.