Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think this is true? please help :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok before anyone says it.
    tl;dr
    but a girl is saying she slept with my boyfriend and at first I thought she was lying but now I'm not so sure. These are the messages sent today. I know it's hard to tell by text, but does it sound like she's telling the truth? She has a reputation as being a bit of a liar, which is why I didn't believe her at first. I edited out the stuff that doesn't really seem important.

Her: He cheated on you at download with me and more recently with someone else. I still have the texts in my old phone if you want proof. Also, I'm in a good relationship now so it must be **** stiring with old news unless it was about a drunken call a few weeks ago but that was me telling him what a **** he was and that I don't care anymore

Me: Well I just don't see where the situation would come up that I could look through your phone. I'm not out in Glasgow much.

Her: Fair enough, it's all there If you change your mind. But this may help, at download he had a flower ring of yours then he came home early and broke up with you, or at least told me he did, and was inviting me to stay at the flat. If he hadn't been with me at download how would I know about the ring?! Also, when he was blanking your calls it's cause I was there.

Me: He never blanked my calls at download, there was twice I couldn't get through to him because of the signal and my flatmate couldn't get through to her boyfriend either. I don't know how you know about the ring. If what you're saying is true, I don't understand your concern and why you want to convince me you're telling the truth.

ReputationRep:
    ask (talk to) your boyfrirend. stop talking to her

ReputationRep:
    I have, but either way he isn't likely to admit if he has cheated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    ask (talk to) your boyfrirend. stop talking to her
    This

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penniroyaltea)
    I have, but either way he isn't likely to admit if he has cheated.
    then you obviously don't trust your boyfriend. so probably shouldn't be in a relationship with him

ReputationRep:
    We can't tell you which one is lying. We don't know him and we don't know her and it's pretty hard to tell from those texts that you've shown whether she's telling the truth or not.

All you can do is talk to him about it OR take her up on the offer and go view the texts on her phone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.