Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If a couple of teenagers asked you to buy them alcohol would you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was going into a newsagents and a couple of teenagers (im guessing about 16-17) asked me to buy them some alcohol, They didn't ask for anything too hard ( just some fosters) so i obliged. Just wondering if anyone else has done this? or could i get into big trouble for this?

ReputationRep:
    If it was randomers I wouldn't. I would buy alcohol for my brother who is almost 17 though.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    I always tell them to jog on.

And yes, you can get in trouble for doing that considering they're underage.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No, I've been asked that before and I politely told them to sod off.

ReputationRep:
    No no, That's naughties!! :zomg:

You should take their money but use it to buy them something more suitable... like starburst sweets.

and THEEEN go off on a rant about how 'back in my day these were called opal fruits'.

You oldie..

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't - I refused to buy alcohol for my sister who's 17 and I wouldn't for strangers either.

ReputationRep:
    I have, purely for a quiet life.

ReputationRep:
    lol yes.
    my friend was too scraed to byt it herself..i didnt buy it for her bymyself it would make me feel used so she came in with me and i went to the till..

ReputationRep:
    i just buy for my friends btw..

ReputationRep:
    I bought cigarettes for teenagers hanging around the shop one time, but in hindsight I shouldn't have. And I wouldn't in future.

Same goes for alcohol. I'd buy it for my brother, but not random people or for his mates.

ReputationRep:
    no, flithy chavs :pierre:

i'd buy it for my brother if he asked, but i'm at uni, so i'm never really here to buy it for him :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    you can get into a little bit of bother IF found out

http://www.leics.gov.uk/index/busine...e_children.htm

ReputationRep:
    I do. I get them to buy me 10 ciggys for the service though.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I probably would... they're going to drink anyway. Depends how old they were I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    TSR losers. :pierre:

I'm 16 and a half I know loads of people who buy me alcohol and ****. How else would I cope with my nicotine addiction? You're all so selfish! :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    I would if they hadn't cracked down on this. I don't see any problem with 16 year-olds having a few beers, I just wouldn't risk getting in trouble for the sake of strangers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dharp)
    I was going into a newsagents and a couple of teenagers (im guessing about 16-17) asked me to buy them some alcohol, They didn't ask for anything too hard ( just some fosters) so i obliged. Just wondering if anyone else has done this? or could i get into big trouble for this?
    No

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.