Music Freebies, downloads and opportunites. Watch

This discussion is closed.
marq
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Getting artists together to perform can be difficult, unless you know where to go. Getting offers for free gigs, Fre CD's and downloads are also hard to find, unless it is all centralised.

Thats what the site http://www.zimmons.com is doing. Dead against teenybopper sound, this site has a forum for the music industry, for students to get notifed of freebies and has links directly to free download sites...

Thet also announce free gigs and events, as well as arranging tours around some student unions this year, for free shows...

A new forum, but hey.. use it for its purpose...

All voluntary
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you work for zimmons.com, by any chance?
marq
(Original post by Mr White)
Do you work for zimmons.com, by any chance?
Shucks... you have found me out. In between my studies, I am getting bands and artists together, producing CD's and giving all of us poor lot, a chance to have some decent music and entertainment for free. What am I studying? guess. Music and technology.

Hence the voluntary bit, hence it is new, hence a lot of freebies... with no catches.. and these freebies have been supported by the artists themselves.

I have also found artists that required singers and band members, so I have put them in touch with a few wannabees at uni's and they seem quite happy. Ready to do a tour.. Thats my next spare time job...

Excellent, dont you think...
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What fonts have you used? Some of the site looks very strange to me. There is a rule in web development that you should only use safe fonts, which is basicaly Times New Roman, Arial and Career New. These are only guareented fonts every PC/MAC/Linux Based machine is going to have.

This test is a bit hard to read

Latest track from Noa is now available as a free download.
"Let Your Mind Be Blown"

Getting a record deal, watch and learn from others at the new Forum.

The site is a good idea though.
marq
Being in the music business for so long, maybe I missed the basics of web site design. Still trying.. very trying one may say.

thanks for the tips and made a few adjustments. Liked yor site.. great !!! cleaner than mine...

Marq
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by marq)
Being in the music business for so long, maybe I missed the basics of web site design. Still trying.. very trying one may say.

thanks for the tips and made a few adjustments. Liked yor site.. great !!! cleaner than mine...

Marq
Everything displays much better on my PC now. I study web development at university btw so I have no excuse. Also I've seen much much worse sites than yours believe me, it gets to the point and its not fussy, thats them two most important things in my opinion.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (475)
66.71%
No (237)
33.29%

Watched Threads