Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

she gets hit on loads and i hate it! watch

i've been with my girlfriend for over 10 months, things are serious etc. anyway i hate it when she gets hit on, i actually cant deal with it. like we say we'll tell each other and she always kept it for a few weeks before telling me what happened.

anyway she went out to some under 18 club last night and i asked her did anything happen, she said no, so i asked did anyone try anything on you, she said i can handle it and i asked what happened and said she got approached 2 or 3 times by them coming up to her and dancing next to her, said she ignored it/walked to the other side of her friends. it makes me so angry and i just keep on picturing in my mind how exactly it happened etc. i trust her, but i just want to know it all in detail.

i've never been hit on, the closest thing was ages before i was with her some girl dancing next to me in a club, then i said hey to her :rolleyes: ; and it happens to her a lot. it makes me so mad and angry. she doesn't go to partys and stuff much, but she ALWAYS gets hit on!

does anyone else feel like this with their partner?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm1:

You've lost her already.

ReputationRep:
    how on earth does that annoy you?

and i think its fair to say you probably don't trust her

ReputationRep:
    Something you gotta get used to lol. Last time I was out with my girlfriend she was outside the guys toilets waiting on me, I musta been in there for a max of a minute and I came out and some guy was trying it.

Look on the upside, she must be hot.

ReputationRep:
    deal with it or you'll lose her. simple.

ReputationRep:
    My ex used to have the exact same issue. We discussed it once and he explained how it was a combination of jealousy, outrage at their gall and just downright protectiveness. I think when you're jealous of your partner, then something is wrong.

Anyway, girls are also more likely to get hit on than guys in my opinion. There's not really much you can do, especially if she's able to handle it well enough. I'm sure you're aware that you shouldn't suffocate her, especially for something that she can't really control and isn't to be blamed for. Could you just not ask her to never tell you unless it's something you should truly worry over?

ReputationRep:
    It's gonna happen forever. Either learn to deal with it or lose her.

ReputationRep:
    pretty much every girl gets hit on when she goes out, it means nothing to us, it's just inevitable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i've been with my girlfriend for over 10 months, things are serious etc. anyway i hate it when she gets hit on, i actually cant deal with it. like we say we'll tell each other and she always kept it for a few weeks before telling me what happened.

anyway she went out to some under 18 club last night and i asked her did anything happen, she said no, so i asked did anyone try anything on you, she said i can handle it and i asked what happened and said she got approached 2 or 3 times by them coming up to her and dancing next to her, said she ignored it/walked to the other side of her friends. it makes me so angry and i just keep on picturing in my mind how exactly it happened etc. i trust her, but i just want to know it all in detail.

i've never been hit on, the closest thing was ages before i was with her some girl dancing next to me in a club, then i said hey to her :rolleyes: ; and it happens to her a lot. it makes me so mad and angry. she doesn't go to partys and stuff much, but she ALWAYS gets hit on!

You aren't flattered by blokes hitting on your gf? Personally, I'd be very happy that there are blokes hitting on her because it means she is desirable and the more hits the better. Get some confidence in yourself..... more chicks would start hitting on you then.

I deal with this issue as well, my gf can't stand it when she sees a girl hitting on me at a club.

ReputationRep:
    um I hate to say it but my guy was kinda like you and I nearly walked away cos it's just not fair on the girl, if she's not hitting on them then she's doing nothing wrong so she deserves your trust...if youre on a night out you cant stop guys coming up to you, it happens, get over it

ReputationRep:
    Bound to be abit jealous/ annoyed if guys do it, especially if they are dicks ( which LOADS of guys are, wtf?)
    Thing is, just take it as a compliment, they fancy your girlfreind who has chosen YOU not them, and your the one who takes her home and bones her all night, so see it as flattery

ReputationRep:

No but then im a normal healthy person not a paranoid, untrusting (yeah you dont trust at all) insecure moron who doesnt realise she can get hit on by 1001 guys a night it doesnt make a blind bit of difference as long as she doesnt do anything.

ReputationRep:
    One of these days, its gonna be more than a simple 'hit on'. Then your really gonna go mental. :smug:

thanks for all the replies.

i understand i cant do a joseph fritzl on her or stop her from going out etc, thats not right at all. the thing is i wish i was able to take it as a compliment in a way? as in i've got a hot gf and people know it. i know shes mine.. but i cant help but wonder.

it would be good if this actually happens/happened to someone and how they deal with it. i asked to look at the photos on her camera and she wasnt wearing the necklace i gave her, she wears it everyday, however not the day of the party :/

just a bump, i had a look at photos on fb from her mates camera.. i'll never be happy haha

ReputationRep:
    Just be happy you're going out with someone who must be at least reasonably attractive? Seriously, the only way for a girl to never get hit on is for her to be a total mess. So, either learn to deal with it or dump her for a munter.

ReputationRep:

i understand i cant do a joseph fritzl on her or stop her from going out etc, thats not right at all. the thing is i wish i was able to take it as a compliment in a way? as in i've got a hot gf and people know it. i know shes mine.. but i cant help but wonder.

it would be good if this actually happens/happened to someone and how they deal with it. i asked to look at the photos on her camera and she wasnt wearing the necklace i gave her, she wears it everyday, however not the day of the party :/
    It probably didn't go with her outfit. Relax.

ReputationRep:
    wow overanalysing girlfriend going out and talking to guys... you must be human... man up and get over it otherwise you will turn into a control freak and lose her. but by the sounds of it you dont trust her tbh.

ReputationRep:

I wouldn't wear nice jewelery to a grotty night out due to fear of loss/theft or drunken stupidity & damaging it.

You need to read into these things less or you'll come across as paranoid & needy.

ReputationRep:

There are two options here.

1. Deal with it. If you can deal with it; it doesn't matter.

2. Don't deal with it. If you can't deal with it; there are two things that can happen...

1. Dump her for an ugly girl who won't get hit on. Do this and the problem will be solved.

2. She'll dump you for being insecure. If she does this then the problem will be solved anyway.

As you can see, whatever option you pick the problem will be solved regardless!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.