Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll - Going out, or staying in? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
    A nice night in.
    48.39%
    Going out to a party/ clubbing!
    9.68%
    I alternate between the two.
    41.94%

ReputationRep:
    Which do you prefer? I decided to make this out of interest after seeing discussions about partying/ clubbing and the constant "no alcohol = BORING" vs. "no, I just don't want LIVER DAMAGE :unimpressed:" argument, and see which is more popular among TSRians. So, do you like a good night out maybe ending in someone waking up in a dumpster somewhere, or do you like a nice night in with some good friends? Why? Has an experience put you off one or the other? Do you like a healthy alternate of both? What're your reasons?

Personally, I'm a huge night in type person. I love staying in with a takeaway, good movies or video games and a bunch of close friends and just relaxing. I'm not really a fan of parties, because I'm tee total (*prepares for the BORIIING comments* ) and hanging around drunks who seem interested only in taking pictures for FB for the morning after isn't that fun... but that could have just been the parties I've attended? I also kinda enjoy the conversation and comfort (hoodies/ squishy sofa!) that staying in provides.

So what about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    Going out on the lash :ta:

ReputationRep:
    Going out. Pub + being sober = you get to watch and listen to all the funny drunks.

ReputationRep:
    i love going out, i just need more money and more time to do so.
    oh, and i need to be 18/ get ID

ReputationRep:
    i enjoy the flat parties and pre drinking with my friends, playing drinking games, going out in fancy dress - sometimes a bit risque, but it's a good laugh! i like the student bar crawls in manc, drunken karaoke, going to a variety of different clubs each time we go out, taking funny pictures, having a laugh and just being silly, going to the takeaway afterwards and just all going back to one persons flat and hanging out, listen to music and play more drunken games like strip twister :mmm:

but, i also like watching tv, having a weekly takeaway, all playing on the singstar, having film nights, putting a load of duvets and pillows on the living room floor and all just falling asleep, having a gossip, painting nails, cooking random food at 2am and just all being together

i enjoy both and do both regulary

ReputationRep:
    Pub. Lads + Banter = Lanter. They call me Professor Words.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.