The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Anonymous
i actually read that book when i was like 16

Haha kinda funny considering how i'm 16! This must be like some contorted type of fate or something :wink:

Aaaanyway. Do you know what your going to do yet?
Reply 101
Original post by Vanny17
I know right. It is so sad that Callum McGregor died and Sephy Hadley didn't hear him say that he loved her. :frown:

It was genuinely moving. How did you feel about the role-reversal - the whole crosses over naughts thing - you know the whites being thought of as inferior to the blacks? Personally I thought sephy was white and I couldn't imagine otherwise until the very late pages of the novel...which is quite sad too. :frown:
Original post by maths-science
well, if you do not believe in religion, what do you wake up for every day, what do you believe will happen to you after you die, is this whole life just an accident?

divisive-if you want to call it- not in a bad way, but only out of wisdom- there is nothing wrong with marrying someone of a dif. race, but religion is what we live for so if we marry someone from a dif. religion this would restrict us from practising our own religion, and it would also be very difficult for children to grow up with two parents with completely dif. beliefs, they would be confused, right? and, its not a friend i am talking about, it is the person you are getting married to, so imagine you have completely dif. beliefs, this means that both of you think that the other is wrong and when you try to teach your kids, there would be problems while you try to teach one thing and your partner teaches another.

theres not enough neg rep on tsr for people like you.

i live life because i enjoy it, i don't see why anybody needs any other reason.

marrying somebody from a different religion doesn't stop you practising your own religion. my dad is ordained, my mum is an atheist. their marriage works just fine. its also hasn't been at all confusing growing up, has just made me realise most people believe in pretty much the same thing, what religion somebody is is completely irrelevant.

asking people to change religion for you is just a terrible terrible idea.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 103
This thread has been verily hijacked :danceboy:
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
theres not enough neg rep on tsr for people like you.

i live life because i enjoy it, i don't see why anybody needs any other reason.

marrying somebody from a different religion doesn't stop you practising your own religion. my dad is ordained, my mum is an atheist. their marriage works just fine. its also hasn't been at all confusing growing up, has just made me realise most people believe in pretty much the same thing, what religion somebody is is completely irrelevant.

asking people to change religion for you is just a terrible terrible idea.

well, why dont u just sit there givin me neg reps all day, im sure that will be enough.

im not sayin to ask the person to change religion for you, because thats not allowed; im sayin that he shud look into the religion and if he believes in it then he should come into it and if he wants to be with the girl then they can do it the right way.

and btw islam is not just a religion. it is a way of life
Original post by maths-science
well, why dont u just sit there givin me neg reps all day, im sure that will be enough.

im not sayin to ask the person to change religion for you, because thats not allowed; im sayin that he shud look into the religion and if he believes in it then he should come into it and if he wants to be with the girl then they can do it the right way.

and btw islam is not just a religion. it is a way of life

why does it matter what religion he is? why does him becoming a muslim make it "the right way".
Reply 106
Original post by amsie/
i am somali and see myself as black :biggrin:
i have no idea where this rubbish came from :s-smilie:

People say some ignorant things about other people when they have no way of knowing about it themselves. From that comment you can tell the poster is not somali but insists on making wave generalizations in a matter of fact tone to give themselves some sort of authority (this is the reason why I don't get all that upset with people who judge Islam, rather I just find it amusing haha) . How can I not "see myself as black", what am I then? White? (And I understand the whole "you-can-trace-the-somali-people-back-and-realize-they-aren't-100%-negroe" but really, i'm of a darker complexion that isn't like an asian person and isn't a white persons either. I'm BROWN just like every other 'black' person in Africa, we come in all different shades. That is the race me, and every other sane Somali indentify with.

Latest

Trending

Trending