Just to see what the results are

ReputationRep:
    you fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    you fail
    Haha I know

ReputationRep:
    you forgot Birmingham, Oxford, Southampton, Exeter, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Canterbury, Leeds, Bath, York, Bradford, Durham, Chichester, Brighton, Coventry, Nottingham, Sheffield and probably more..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    you forgot Birmingham, Oxford, Southampton, Exeter, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Canterbury, Leeds, Bath, York, Bradford, Durham, Chichester, Brighton, Coventry, Nottingham, Sheffield and probably more..
    Only so many available spaces on the poll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dawson2010)
    why not put only those cities with two unis or more or those with exceptionally large student populations.

my vote Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    Oooo must be a lot of overacheivers studying at cambridge in this poll!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dawson2010)
    Perhaps. But without being too pedantic Middlesbrough and St Andrews are not cities. Both are towns. Middlesbrough with a population of 140,000 and St Andrews about 16,000. But I 'spose they're still settlements with a student population.

Anyway, I have made my love of Newcastle, Cardiff and Glasgow well known so I'll retire from this thread. But any decent size city, with thousands of young peopl, can offer plenty. I just prefer my cities to be not small but fairly compact and, ideally, situated close to areas of outstanding National Parks. As a result Newcastle and Cardiff score well.

ReputationRep:
    Where's Sheffield , 4th biggest city in the England and 2 Universities with a combined student populace of over 50,000 often voted the best social scene of any University...........FAIL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.galloway)
    why not put only those cities with two unis or more or those with exceptionally large student populations.

my vote Birmingham
    I would rather live in Josef Fritzls basement than Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not just voting for it because it's my hometown, but because lots of people who go to Sussex and Brighton often say it's for the city rather than because of a particular love of the unis themselves. If I could've done my course at Sussex I would've been tempted, and I actually think Brighton is better for students than where I am now (London) as it's cheaper and more studenty in general. But, it's not on the poll, and neither is my second choice (Nottingham, which my friends rave about), so from those options, I'm going to say Cambridge, as the people I know who go to Cambridge and Anglia Ruskin wax lyrical about the place, and I've not really heard anyone going to the other places give very enthusiastic reviews about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    I would rather live in Josef Fritzls basement than Birmingham.
    well you weren't one of his children/grand-children so you would get away with relativley unraped. However birmingham is quite good it's large, cheap enough and with loads of clubs/shops/entertainment areas.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.