Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's everyone doing for new years eve ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i have no parties to go to (((((( :cry2: so no idea what i'm going to do! Anything happening in Cambridge ? apart from Fez?:bumps:

ReputationRep:
    It's rubbish as when you get passed 18, there are hardly any house parties to go to as now everyone can legally go out clubbing etc. Clubbing on new years eve is ridiculous, cost me about £120, it's soo expensive and ridiculously crowded. The plus side is that literally everyone is out though I'l probably just stay in this year and welcome the new year in

ReputationRep:

cost me £2.50 return to get to Bristol from London as well on a megabus.. looking to be a gooden for me

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm 18, probably clubbing up in London I went to the fireworks up Embankment last year, was good apart from getting sexually harassed constantly eurgh.

ReputationRep:
    I still have nothing concrete planned - all I know is that I'm going to see the fireworks in London on New Year's Eve, on my own. Whether I can find company before then is another matter entirely...any offers? :P

ReputationRep:
    NYE is overated. Nothing but an expensive punch up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Bella Italia with my boyfriend

eta: why on earth have I been negged for this

ReputationRep:
    Probably go to my friend's house and get modestly merry...New Year's Eve isn't a big deal for me. Might as well do something other than sit and read all night though!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing

ReputationRep:
    Normally Hogmanay is a pretty big deal, but since everyone made plans without me, I'll just go round to my boyfriends and get foood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by special1ne)
    I still have nothing concrete planned - all I know is that I'm going to see the fireworks in London on New Year's Eve, on my own. Whether I can find company before then is another matter entirely...any offers? :P
    I live in London, wanna meet up

ReputationRep:
    Drunken house party... at my house!

ReputationRep:
    Party at a friend's house, don't think there are loads of people invited though

ReputationRep:
    Get pissed somewhere apparently wearing heels.

I don't care its going to be packed and overpriced anyway. As long as its better than that squat rave I went to last year....urgh. *shudder*

ReputationRep:
    I'll go clubbing with some friends. It ends at 6.30am, more or less, so I'll get home at 7am-8am, sleep a bit, then family meal a bit later than midday.

ReputationRep:
    My friend's having her annual house party, which I'm glad of; I was worried that everyone would want to go out clubbing now we're all 18, but that seems expensive and not much fun.

ReputationRep:
    Not a great deal. Have been holed up in bed since Christmas Day with flu and am only just beginning to feel human again. Pretty sure staying out all night, drinking, will end badly!

Also, my friends are going to a pub for the evening, twenty minutes drive from where I live. Since my parents are going to a neighbour's party, I can't ask my Dad to drive me, so I would have to drive or get a cab which would be ridiculous on New Year! XD

So looks like a night of bad films and books for me! How exciting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    It's rubbish as when you get passed 18, there are hardly any house parties to go to as now everyone can legally go out clubbing etc. Clubbing on new years eve is ridiculous, cost me about £120, it's soo expensive and ridiculously crowded. The plus side is that literally everyone is out though I'l probably just stay in this year and welcome the new year in
    You not going to Fareham with Oly now man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Get pissed somewhere apparently wearing heels.

I don't care its going to be packed and overpriced anyway. As long as its better than that squat rave I went to last year....urgh. *shudder*
    Tell me more about this so called 'squat rave' :beard:

ReputationRep:
    I'm on holiday in Switzerland this year for New Year going skiing in the alps
    Last year I saw the fireworks in London at the Embankment which was fun! Love London at New Year but I have to admit New Year can be a bit overrated and a WAY too expensive!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.