The Student Room Group

I hate having the flu!!....

All my friends and a hell of a lot of people on my facebook are moaning about having the flu....i myself am one of them :frown: pahhhh

I'm aching everywhere and feel like i've got a six pack coming on from all the coughing ha, my abs are so sore! Luckily i'm getting over it now though, i can actually move without saying 'ow' afterwards lol :redface:

HOWEVER
i seem to have lost my appetite in the process, i haven't eaten since about 3pm on boxing day and i don't actually feel like eating yet. I know i'll start eating again when i feel better but in the mean time i'm not going to loose too much weight am i?
Reply 1
Ive had this, but I am finally starting to feel better now. You really need to start eating though as it will give you more energy, even if its just soup/toast etc.
Reply 2
Well it's not going to be fun is it?

Next.
Reply 3
I think you'll be okay.

My mum was really ill with the flu for over a week, and she didn't eat anything during most of that time period, only water and hot drinks, and she was fine. Just stay well-rested and hydrated, and eat when you can. :smile:
Reply 4
yeah, all i've had is the odd glass of milk, cups of tea and a i'm about to have some lucozade now so hopefully i'll feel better enough to eat soon :smile:
Reply 5
:ditto: i hate having the flu. I swear there is some nasty virus going on these days. Has affected all my siblings too.
Reply 6
Man up. After being at uni for nearly 3 years you get used to being ill and stop the whinging that usually comes with it.
Reply 7
Original post by Sithius
Man up. After being at uni for nearly 3 years you get used to being ill and stop the whinging that usually comes with it.

FYI i'm actually a third year and what you just said is a pile of s***.
Being ill sucks, its not something you get used to.
I hate it too....
who doesn't??
I had this, my flatmates ended up force feeding me after about 5 days. Seems everyone's having this flu/bug thing that's going round. :lolwut:

Even if you don't feel like eating, just eat SOMETHING. And drink water constantly. And sleep. Or, if you're like me, can't sleep because you're aching all over, have some night nurse and get into bed, put some headphones in and face the wall. :h:
Oh ****ing no.
You will lose weight. Loads of it. Infact so much, that people mistake you for a leaf.
Reply 12
Most other people hate it too. :p:
I'm in the recovery phase of this bout :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending