Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scottish Student Pre-Reg MSc Physiotherapy Fees - How are they paid?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, So I have been lucky enough to get a place at QMU to do the pre-reg MSc course in physiotherapy.

I assumed (stupidly?) that because it was an allied health profession that SAAS would pay my fees - is this true?

On student rooms it says that English students get the course paid for in England by the NHS, and Scottish need to pay their fees.

I simply cannot afford £7000 a year (and English people please don't whine and moan about the fact I didn't pay for my first degree, if it wasn't for the Scottish Government and SAAS I wouldn't of been able to afford Uni).

Can someone tell me if my fees will be paid for?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDirty)
    Ok, So I have been lucky enough to get a place at QMU to do the pre-reg MSc course in physiotherapy.

I assumed (stupidly?) that because it was an allied health profession that SAAS would pay my fees - is this true?

On student rooms it says that English students get the course paid for in England by the NHS, and Scottish need to pay their fees.

I simply cannot afford £7000 a year (and English people please don't whine and moan about the fact I didn't pay for my first degree, if it wasn't for the Scottish Government and SAAS I wouldn't of been able to afford Uni).

Can someone tell me if my fees will be paid for?

Thanks!
    as far as I remember you do NOT get your fees paid if you are doing a pre-reg in scotland... so you'll have to pay yourself

there is the option of a professional studies loan for people who want to do further degrees but can't get funding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieS)
    as far as I remember you do NOT get your fees paid if you are doing a pre-reg in scotland... so you'll have to pay yourself

there is the option of a professional studies loan for people who want to do further degrees but can't get funding
    Thank you. Bit of a bummer but had a look at the loan you mentioned and I could take one of those out if needed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDirty)
    Thank you. Bit of a bummer but had a look at the loan you mentioned and I could take one of those out if needed!
    have you considered doing the MSc at a uni in england? that way your fees would be paid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieS)
    have you considered doing the MSc at a uni in england? that way your fees would be paid
    Yeah I considered it but the money spent on living in England would be more than for the course. If I do it at qmu I could stay at home. Shame money has such a deciding factor in things but that's life!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.