what forums can you post annonymous on and why Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi there just wondering because i know you can for health and relationships but im sur i seen sum1 annonymous on general discusssion lol maybe their name was just annonymous

(Original post by soldier-4-life)
      hi there just wondering because i know you can for health and relationships but im sur i seen sum1 annonymous on general discusssion lol maybe their name was just annonymous
      You can only post as anonymous in the Health and Relationships forum as only health and relationships topics are considered appropriate for the anon function. If there is an anon post outside of the Health and Relationships forum, it was probably moved there by a moderator.

Using text speak is against the rules here btw

ReputationRep:
      Just H+R, but there's plenty of people with "anonymous" in their username.

ReputationRep:
      H&R because there can be embarassing topics

ReputationRep:
      and also do you think posting annon on some forums but not others is a good idea or not

(Original post by soldier-4-life)
        and also do you think posting annon on some forums but not others is a good idea or not
        The current system is the best one. Health and Relationships is the most suited forum for it since it deals with personal problems, traumas and issues which people would not feel comfortable discussing under their own username. I don't think it would ever be needed in another forum as those cover general topics such as current affairs, entertainment, technology, fashion and academic subjects. It's meant to be used in relation to personal issues rather than expressions of opinion and debate.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Liam 09)
        H&R because there can be embarassing topics
        depends on the person and the personality I would say. I am very open-minded and direct. I can´t imagine a topic too embarassing for me. :-) but I am not British.

it is an internet thing. so why do you care? you are all anonymous here.

(Original post by Cynthi007)
          depends on the person and the personality I would say. I am very open-minded and direct. I can´t imagine a topic too embarassing for me. :-) but I am not British.

You'd be surprised about the kind of topics that have cropped up in the past.

In a lot of cases, have a browse of H&R, the anonymous function will be used by people who have friends/boyfriends/girlfriends that also browse the forum and hence are aware of their username. You sometimes see this stated in the OP and I guess it can help in those situations if they don't want people they know IRL reading their posts.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, I mean you may be embarrassed, depends.
          Some people don't want others knowing what they've said, and seeing them on other topics etc.
          Some know people on here from real life and wouldn't want people to know some stuff.

ReputationRep:
          Not all of us are though. Some of us know each other from uni so it might get embarrassing if people's friends read that they've got an STD or are pregnant for example.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.