The Student Room Group

PLEASE TELL ME im not the only one who CANT REVISE?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurie:)
im constantly making tea. like, seriously, i have drunk LAKES of that stuff :frown:

looool ....yh thats like me for coffee :P
Original post by Tempa
Think about it this way:

No revision > Bad Grades > Crappy Uni > Crappy Job Prospects > Crappy Wage >

Crappy Life.

Is That Good Motivation?

Wish it worked that way :/ I'm on a gap year due to missing my grades last year. Now I've been given an easy offer from Nottingham and Bristol, so pressure's off slightly as I only need 2 more marks in two subjects.

But the thing this gap year has shown me is just how rubbish statements like yours above actually are. I think the reason a lot of people who miss uni due to bad grades or just go to a crappy one is fundamentally because of a problem with their personality which would apply to all forms of work. Not just school work. If you have the type of personality which will drive you to succeed then missing out uni is hardly a problem.

My manager at work has just graduated from Sheffield, but is now complaining because a lot of his friends from Hallam have managed to get insanely good jobs. I've heard of loads of ex-poly uni students who have walked into jobs we're constantly told go to the Russell Group. It's all a load of rubbish.

Then you have my friends brother and his friends. His brother is 23, earned 110k last year, is a director of an up and coming finance company and has the chance to buy 10% of the company for 100k, even though it's worth far more (free money), and didn't go to uni. He just got a job straight out of school with pretty poor A levels, worked hard and did some kind of financial qualifications. Was then asked by his boss to move to this new company with him, and after a year was made director. Base salary is 75k, then he gets commission for his services, although that's changing to pay per hour (which will work out as another 75k apparently).

A lot of his friends have done pretty well themselves. One guy went to Lincoln (I think) and got a job with a supermarket chain. He's now on 50k at 23.

Work hard at anything you do in life and you'll go places. But don't use that as an excuse not to revise now. The sooner you start working hard, the sooner you get used to working hard.
the inability to revise only gets worse at university, when it gets real and stupidly hard. plus all the 'keen' people and the asian kids make me feel bad for not working

5 20 step reactions plus extra rubbish to learn (enzymes and all, for clarity), essays to write and more. you have it all ahead, kids

on the brightside, when i get back to london i can just go out clubbing/get trashed
im constantly making tea. like, seriously, i have drunk LAKES of that stuff :frown:

Oh my god, me too xD It's like 6-7 cups a day, 2 sugars each and plenty of lemon :colondollar:... (EDIT: probably more than 7 tbh haha)

Daydreaming nukes me... and TSR... my excuse now is that I'm taking a short break because I've been reading nothing but history handouts for the past couple of days, and considering I can work 10-12 hours a day I NEED BREAKS :mad:! EDIT: Though with the amount of tea I drink, I'm not surprised half my breaks are bathroom breaks, haha...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ambrin ox
loooooooool, i have 6 exams :frown: and have also been watching weird documentaries, just to take my mind of revision :frown:

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaah 6 examssssss ur maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad loooooooooool gooodluck tho hope u do well !!!!!:smile:
i cant either nd its so hard following the revision timetable my form tutor made me .. and my exams are in a few weeks but i just get bored so quick al have 5 minutes of motivation and the rest al end up doing something else :\
Original post by damidude
Just wanted to know how well everyone on here is expecting to do?
as in are you all stupid, or are people actually predicted high grades and stuff?

LOL.....im averaging a 2:1
Reply 107
Original post by cool_beans1993
looool ....yh thats like me for coffee :P

hah that used to be me during GCSEs, but my parents stopped buying instant coffee and i really cant be arsed to get the cafetiere out everytime i want a cup of coffee :rolleyes:
hah that used to be me during GCSEs, but my parents stopped buying instant coffee and i really cant be arsed to get the cafetiere out everytime i want a cup of coffee :rolleyes:

my mum sed its bad for my skin but its kinda addictive....
Reply 109
Original post by uninspirational
Oh my god, me too xD It's like 6-7 cups a day, 2 sugars each and plenty of lemon :colondollar:... (EDIT: probably more than 7 tbh haha)

Daydreaming nukes me... and TSR... my excuse now is that I'm taking a short break because I've been reading nothing but history handouts for the past couple of days, and considering I can work 10-12 hours a day I NEED BREAKS :mad:! EDIT: Though with the amount of tea I drink, I'm not surprised half my breaks are bathroom breaks, haha...

the problem is, all my teachers say, 'revise for a short period of time, and then have a break, go make a cuppa or something' and that is literally what i do, i revise for like 45 minutes, and go make a cuppa. 5 or 6 times a day. its getting beyond ridiculous. :rolleyes:
Reply 110
my mum sed its bad for my skin but its kinda addictive....

ahhh the amount of junk food i eat during revision time is actually unbelievable, so i tend not to take what happens to my skin - the stress ruins it anyway. i swear i have eaten a whole cities worth of jelly babies :eek:
ahhh the amount of junk food i eat during revision time is actually unbelievable, so i tend not to take what happens to my skin - the stress ruins it anyway. i swear i have eaten a whole cities worth of jelly babies :eek:

haha jelly babies yum!! i always eat dark chocolate i dunno y but during revision its like my best friend :smile: .... im totally failing at revising for my jan exams :frown:
Original post by Tempa
Wicked, you must have a high IQ.

Otherwise God is with you.

Last minute revision can't get the average human being 5 A's.

I would probably get me C's and B's?

It's because I try hard in class and remember stuff first time round I think.... I will revise though don't get me wrong, just not yet :smile:
Reply 113
haha jelly babies yum!! i always eat dark chocolate i dunno y but during revision its like my best friend :smile: .... im totally failing at revising for my jan exams :frown:

ahhh i love dark chocolate for any time of the year :smile: and i knowwwww, i sit down and revise for like 30 mins then my mind wanders so i decide its time for a break, and then i forget about going back to my revision. the future is not looking so bright :frown:
Reply 114
Original post by Tempa
Revise now and prevent the crying.

:wink:

YES SIR! .....maybe later :wink:
Reply 115
I get distracted incredibly easily, I hate it!
ahhh i love dark chocolate for any time of the year :smile: and i knowwwww, i sit down and revise for like 30 mins then my mind wanders so i decide its time for a break, and then i forget about going back to my revision. the future is not looking so bright :frown:

i day dream to much and procastinate even tho ive deactivated fb n stuff but then theres websites where u can waste time as well...im so dead ...i love how we say this and do nothing about it ..i have my physics book in front of me for the past hour and have not done anything...
Reply 117
i day dream to much and procastinate even tho ive deactivated fb n stuff but then theres websites where u can waste time as well...im so dead ...i love how we say this and do nothing about it ..i have my physics book in front of me for the past hour and have not done anything...

i justify going on the internet instead of revising by having a revision webite open at the same time..... doesn't mean i actually look at it :tongue:

and ewwww physics :smile:
Reply 118
You aint the only 1. im taking c1,c2 (both on same day, damnit!) and FP1 in jan lol. Finished C1 fully got 90%+ on all past papers, about to finish c2 and start on FP1 now :smile:.
Reply 119
putting my books under my pillow and hoping it all diffuses into my head while i sleep...

Quick Reply