Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sport was my life, but since I messed up my ankle I have nothing Watch

About 5 years ago I really hurt my ankle in a car accident. Before then I was so into sports, everything about it, it was literally my life.

I had a year out after that to recover, but I was alright because I didn't think it would be such a long term thing. I then started playing sports again, but not to the standard as before, reasons for this were the injury and becauase I was falling into depression then.

I then had a couple years of nothing due to depression.

Since about 2 year ago I have been so so desperate to start being happy again. But I can't play sport. I tried going runnign and am so desperate to play football again but can't cos of this injury.

I don't think i'll be able to do any of that stuff again. I'm crying, pissed off, so upset, I don;'t know what to do. I'm so lost and sad.

I really wanted to do sports science at uni too, but that's out the window now. I'm looking at possible careers, but none of them seem possible now.

ReputationRep:
    First off: Sorry to hear about your ankle, and the depression it's causing you. I'm not an expert on your situation, but it's been a while, so I thought you'd prefer a crap reply from me than nothing.

I'm not going to preach at you about how lucky you are to only have a bad ankle, because it's something that's very important to you and your life: it would be pretty high and mighty of me to suggest you "just deal with it." - or similar *******s, but you need to find a way to make the best of your situation.

Try and maintain some perspective, there's a lot of options out there for you (even if they're not visible right now.) There are low-impact sports out there like swimming and cycling which would go easier on your ankle, and although they might not sound too appealing if you really want to play football, they're a more realistic option.

I'm sorry if this is all useless. But I hope any of it helps

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.