justanotherfad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello,

I have applied to Advertising courses and I have been sent some interviews.

For these interviews I have to take with a Portfolio, I have looked around but so far all I can see is advice for Art Portfolios, I was wondering if an advertising one is any different.

I really have no idea where to start, maybe people who are on advertising courses now can help me with what they put in their portfolios or people who are applying this year help me out.

Sorry, but I have no idea what to do and I'm getting quite stressed and worried over it, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much in advanced!
bluecarrots
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi, What uni have you got an interview at?
Im a third year on an advertising course at uni.
What course have you been doing in college? I would take the aspects of what you enjoyed from that course and develop them into your portfolio, it would be good to add in a range of medias such as paint, computer work done, drawings etc because on my course we do everything from drawing up rough ideas, to maccing up the final ads in PS.
Hope this helps
Emma
justanotherfad
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey,
Thanks, I guess I shoulda said,
I have interviews at Bucks and Birmingham City
What uni are you at?
Well at the moment I'm doing my A Levels, English Lit, Product Design and Psychology...
I can do things on the computer, but I'm not very good at drawing or painting (I didn't do art for GCSE)
Do you think this will put me at a disadvantage?
Thank you so much for replying!
Lisa
bluecarrots
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm at UCLan.
I would show them what you have done in your product design and also what you can do on the computer.
If even if you haven't done art as a G.C.S.E I don't think it will put you at a disadvantage.
If you lay it out clearly e.g if there are photographs put 4 or 6 per page no more it will look more professional.
Even if you have done things in your spare time that you have drawn recently then put them, in that you are proud of and that you think will be relevent. If you haven't got the interview for a good few month it might be good to just do a bit of drawing too, but dont worry about it I hated drawing ads when I started.
Hope the interviews go well.
Emma
bev johno
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi, dont worry about it, I am applying this year as well to huddersfeild, saying that you cant help but be nurvous!!! Just put the work in that you think really show what you can do, photography ect. Defo put some of the product design in that'll show your creativity !!! Show same things that you have done out of school, inspired by some thing you have seen on a normal day. You'll do great just be your self and enjoy it !! Good luck

xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.28%
They might tell the bully (26)
9.96%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.09%
It might lead to more bullying (95)
36.4%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.27%

Watched Threads