Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In september I broke up with my boyfriend. He moved on 2 days after and started going out with someone else (how nice of him).

I have spoken to her a few times and she would be nice to me when I was going out with him, but the last and only time I saw them together (they're going out at this point) after I split with him she couldn't look me in the eye and wouldn't speak to me.

I deleted them both off facebook as the constant I <3 you! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx, pictures of them kissing and rubbish like that coming up on my news feed when they'd been together for less than a month irritated the hell out of me.

Now she randomly 'likes' my comments on other peoples profiles, puts sarcastic comments after Ive commented on someones photo, and we both got invited to the same event on facebook, I typed saying 'ill see what i can do would be good to go' and she said 'oh im working but doubt ill come anyway...awkward.'

She is being an immature little brat and it is doing my head in. She is the one that has the guilty conscience, not me! Im going to the same event as her on new years eve and we have a lot of mutual friends so I cant just avoid her.

Any help? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In september I broke up with my boyfriend. He moved on 2 days after and started going out with someone else (how nice of him).

I have spoken to her a few times and she would be nice to me when I was going out with him, but the last and only time I saw them together (they're going out at this point) after I split with him she couldn't look me in the eye and wouldn't speak to me.

I deleted them both off facebook as the constant I <3 you! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx, pictures of them kissing and rubbish like that coming up on my news feed when they'd been together for less than a month irritated the hell out of me.

Now she randomly 'likes' my comments on other peoples profiles, puts sarcastic comments after Ive commented on someones photo, and we both got invited to the same event on facebook, I typed saying 'ill see what i can do would be good to go' and she said 'oh im working but doubt ill come anyway...awkward.'

She is being an immature little brat and it is doing my head in. She is the one that has the guilty conscience, not me! Im going to the same event as her on new years eve and we have a lot of mutual friends so I cant just avoid her.

Any help? x
    Hold your head high and don't let her know she's getting to you.
    If you show her you've moved on and aren't bothered by her childish behaviour then hopefully she'll soon get bored. She probably just wants the drama and wants a reaction out of you.

ReputationRep:
    fight fire with fire?

ReputationRep:
    Punch her in the nose. My dad has always told me to punch whoever annoys me in the nose, since I was about 8. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Well for startes how can she "like" your comments when you aren't even friends? Block her or something!! :P

& if you do both end up going to the party, or whenever you do see her next (which will inevitably happen seeing as you both have the same friends) then either go up to her & talk to her about it & ask what her problem is (but don't start a fight with her, neither verbally or physically!!), or just hold your head up high & totally blank her & just enjoy yourself & just ignore those who are stupid little girls like her! & if she asks why you are blanking her then just ask her what her problem is & tell her about how she is really annoying you!!!

Your true friends will stick up for you if they are with you at the time! They should also help you have a goood time!!

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I agree that she is being incredibly immature, you needn't have deleted them both off Facebook - all you have to do to get someone off your news feed is block them. They'll most probably have noticed that you've deleted them and this just screams that you can't handle their lovey dovey stuff being thrust in your face. Fair enough - I'd be exactly the same - but if you had just blocked them, you would have looked far less bothered by it because they wouldn't know.

Like others have said, just be civil when you see them both at this party. If she tries to provoke you, don't rise to it.

thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Just call her out in front of everyone next time she does it like "Hey. Go and jump in front of a train."

I guess there are two ways you could deal with this...

1) Completely ignore her and everything she does. Give her the idea that you don't care what she does.

OR

2) Rise up to it and just do what she does to her.

Personally, I would choose option 1

ReputationRep:
    ask her if your ex has managed to get rid of his std yet

haha! i love you lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arabie)
    ask her if your ex has managed to get rid of his std yet
    Do this....please !!!

ReputationRep:
    If you block someone on facebook, you can't see any of their petty little comments...just a thought

thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.