Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

should I still text her, even though I told her I like her and she doesnt like me? Watch

Announcements

Ive known her for years, this summer we started getting really close though. I only see her once every 3ish weeks though due to uni/work etc.

However I went on holiday at the start of december so didnt see her for way over a month. She asked to meet up almost a week ago, so she came out with my friends, and I felt really close to her.

I text her 2 days later asking how she was etc. But she never asked me any questions or tried to continue the conversation with me.

So I just came out with it, I told her I liked her, and said you dont feel the same do you.

She never gave me a deffinate answer and kept avoiding the question, I even asked her why she wouldnt want a relationship with me, but she completely ignored it.

we usually get in contact with each other once maybe twice a week, just to talk, ask how things are etc, but usually dont arrange to see each other for 2-3 weeks apart.

She asked me if I wanted to go out, but she never responded to my last text, and when I messaged her before that, I felt like she didnt want to talk to me.

She knows how I feel, and if she wanted a relationship she had the chance to say.
    So do I just go back to how things was before, seeing her once every 3 weeks, and maybe one day she'll want a relationship. Or just ignore her and try and forget about her?

ReputationRep:
    Dont ignore her, but do try to forget her.

You have laid your marker down saying that you like her.

It is now her decision to take any further action.

If you take any further action you will hurt her, and more importantly yourself.

ReputationRep:
    A simple answer to your question, is no you should not still text her. You need to move on. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So do I just go back to how things was before, seeing her once every 3 weeks, and maybe one day she'll want a relationship. Or just ignore her and try and forget about her?
    (Emphasis added)

Since you don't seem to value her friendship, you should stop talking to her and move on.

ReputationRep:
    No man just ignore her.

It's for the best.

ReputationRep:
    Don't waste your life waiting for her. Don't ignore her but don't focus your attention on her. Get on with your life meeting other girls, then if this girl one day decides she wants something to happen then maybe it will, but don't waste what you could be having with somebody else waiting for her...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.