Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am choosing accommodation for Leeds Uni for entry in 2011. I have narrowed the choices down to

1) James Baillie
    2) Henry Price
    3) Leodis
    4) Clarence Dock
    5) The Tannery

I want accommodation that is relatively near to the centre, and close to nightlife, etc, as well as close to the uni. Which is the most sociable one of these? A friend of mine goes to Newcastle Uni, and the Richardson Road Accommodation there is well-known as the the most wild/crazy, with parties every night, etc. Is there accommodation in Leeds like this? One that everyone knows to be the party crazy one?

Also, which of these is closest to the nightlife? From Google Maps I can see that Clarence Dock might be a bit far out on the opposite side of the city, but I'm unsure. Anybody got any advice?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the Tannery isn't very nice, never been but have a few friends there and none would really reccomend!

Obviously Henry Price has the bonus of being on campus so convenient for uni, and the uni is only about 10 mins to the city centre anyway so would be near Pretty sure JB is only about 20mins from the uni as well, so about half hour or so maybe from the centre?

I'm at C.Dock atm, would reccomend it but you're not close to the uni, its a good half hour walk! Nearer to the city centre than some accoms on the other side of the uni though.

Nightlife wise, you'll be close enough in any of those choices really, I wouldn't base your choice on it as there will be partying people pretty much in all uni accom! and taxi's to whatever club you desire are pretty cheap when you share with a group of you (usually no more than £1 each from CD )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emeleh)
    Apparently the Tannery isn't very nice, never been but have a few friends there and none would really reccomend!

Obviously Henry Price has the bonus of being on campus so convenient for uni, and the uni is only about 10 mins to the city centre anyway so would be near Pretty sure JB is only about 20mins from the uni as well, so about half hour or so maybe from the centre?

I'm at C.Dock atm, would reccomend it but you're not close to the uni, its a good half hour walk! Nearer to the city centre than some accoms on the other side of the uni though.

Nightlife wise, you'll be close enough in any of those choices really, I wouldn't base your choice on it as there will be partying people pretty much in all uni accom! and taxi's to whatever club you desire are pretty cheap when you share with a group of you (usually no more than £1 each from CD )
    I'm also in Clarence Dock
    It's not too bad for getting into uni if you can find a couple of people who start at the same time as you. Taxis are like, £4 to uni so it's pretty cheap. You can get a bus for £1.50 which will take you to and from uni too.

I've got a couple of friends in The Tannery and go there for parties quite regularly, but one of my roommates used to live there and moved out recently cos she hated it there. I guess it really depends who you end up with, kinda thing.

You should probably come to an accommodation day. I don't know when they are this year, but the one I went to was in summer. It gives you a pretty good indication of how near/far places are, and what they're really like inside. The photos clearly make the accommodation look a bit better than it is (even though its alright).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.