Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips or advice, before attending this interview. Like what to expect, what kind of questions . . . getting a bit nervous now:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well done on getting an interview! Which hospital did you go for?

Umm, to be honest I havent had an interview for one yet so I am not exactly sure what you need to do. The only thing I know is that you should try and understand continuous professional develoment (CPD), have a good answer to why you want to do hospital pharmacy of course.

And maybe be ready for a pharmaceutical calculation..

So good luck and update us on how it goes

ReputationRep:
    I got the Northumbia Healthcare Trust, presumably North Tyneside Hospital. Yeah I'll prepare a bit on those areas. Will share after the interview~

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ichiroxiii)
    I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips or advice, before attending this interview. Like what to expect, what kind of questions . . . getting a bit nervous now:confused:
    Hello. Apologies for not noticing this sooner, hope there is still time to give you this advice regardless of how generic it may be. I had one hospital summer placement interview and two (or well, three but one of the interviews was for two posts) hospital pre-reg interviews. The following is what I was asked.

Greatest achievement?

Two of your biggest weaknesses?

Why hospital and not community?

What do you think the role of the hospital pharmacist is?

Give an example of when you lead a team and tell us what the outcome was?

How do you motivate yourself and others around you?

How do you relax?

What do you think of the formation of GP led consortia and how will it affect pharmacy as a whole?

What is a sterile product?

What do you think is the pharmacists greatest asset?

What is the purpose of an audit?

How do you keep yourself up to date with recent developments in pharmacy and healthcare as a whole?

Prioritise these tasks (If I remember right it there were 3 or 4 events or things that needed done, you had to say which you would attend to first and why etc, then second etc etc)

That is all I can remember for now, be ready to answer questions that require input from props such as a sheet of data or a scenario. In my Cambridge interview I was given a bar graph showing local GP practice expenditure and had to feedback to them with my findings and what I thought it meant.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    ^^

Thank you for the informative post. I have buckled by just merely reading them questions without the added pressure of an interview setting!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot Caponester !! I hope they ask similar questions though . . . my interview is tomorrow !!! Wish me luck ! =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ichiroxiii)
    Thanks a lot Caponester !! I hope they ask similar questions though . . . my interview is tomorrow !!! Wish me luck ! =)
    How did it go? Piece of piss yeah?

ReputationRep:
    Well, it went fine though. Although I think in any interview, you'll always think you could give a better answer AFTER it's all over . . . Now just hoping for the best =)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.