Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in my second year at uni and applying for internships. As you know a lot of companies state you should be predicted a 2:1. Is this a formal prediction from your tutor or is it one that you reasonably predict yourself. As in, I have not had a formal prediction from my tutor. My first year results were bad but I honestly believe I can still get at least a 2:1 quite comfortably if not a 1st.

So, what should I write on my CV?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

So if you think your first year results were bad then personally I would not explicitly state that on your CV, just put your course and Uni.

I hear what you say about many banks requiring at least a 2:1, but now that I come to think of it I never requested any sort of formal prediction from a tutor. Also may of the applications do ask for your completed year unit results - so you may end up listing your grades anyway.

I think saying something along the lines of 'my first year marks were not as I hoped, but I am determined to improve etc...'. Do this in a cover letter or a relevant section of an application form, I'd hope they will appreciate the critical self-reflection. The important thing is to try to get to an interview, from there it's all down to getting your passion and desire across the table.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.