Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am too SCARED to start revision. Watch

I have seven weeks till my uni exams. I have wasted the last 2 weeks of my hols. I start back next week. I am too SCARED to face my work. I am avoiding it like the plague. I am doing everything I can to avoid it. I feel like it's already a lost cause. I have spent so much time on Facebook you would not believe. My sleeping patters are messed up. I feel that there's no point.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I kinda know what you mean.

I'm supposed to start work for my January modules but I don't even know where to start.

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing the exact same, but I can't revise without my social life intact such as Facebook. So that way I get distracted too easily, but as long as it keeps me happy, i'll let it distract me for some hours and then...back to revision again.

ReputationRep:
    http://foxboroblog.com/images/stories/funny/manup.jpg

maybe getting someone to change your facebook password is the only way.

ReputationRep:
    The longer you put it off the worse it'll end up being when you actually have to start it. Just deactivate facebook and start immediately.

ReputationRep:
    Erm 7 weeks is ages. I have 7 days and I just started today

Good luck ! :-]

ReputationRep:
    So many distractionsss and exam in less than 10 days

ReputationRep:
    Lol 'too scared to study', you can thank the british education system for that.

ReputationRep:
    Well, avoiding work when you have to do work makes perfect sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)

How many exams do you have lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have seven weeks till my uni exams. I have wasted the last 2 weeks of my hols. I start back next week. I am too SCARED to face my work. I am avoiding it like the plague. I am doing everything I can to avoid it. I feel like it's already a lost cause. I have spent so much time on Facebook you would not believe. My sleeping patters are messed up. I feel that there's no point.
    Haha, i think you have just described my life apart from the fact my exams are far off uni exams. I just can't face the texts books, then at night I'll think to myself, 'okay i have alot of revising to do so in the morning i'll have to start cramming it all in' BUT late nights+early mornings+laziness= NO REVISION

ReputationRep:
    work in the library or a coffee shop. there is no exam that can't be passed with 4-6 weeks' hard work. think how relieved you'll feel when you actually start revising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbo139)
    work in the library or a coffee shop. there is no exam that can't be passed with 4-6 weeks' hard work. think how relieved you'll feel when you actually start revising.
    What about two exams in two weeks?

ReputationRep:
    story of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Do a little bit at a time. You've got ages. you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    delete your facebook

start work right now. start anywhere - starting something now, 7 weeks away, is better than doing nothing?

tbh, you can get a lot done in 7 weeks. i don't know what you're stressing about........ think of how you'll feel 4 weeks from now if you carry on this way.. you'll be wishing for 7 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turbo64)
    I just had three exams in three days. Cram revision saved me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)

Same here with me. Everything else seems so much more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Seven weeks? You have another 6 weeks to go before you should be getting the fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turbo64)
    work harder. most people have had multiple exams within a few days of each other.

You have a simple choice: either don't work, in which case you'll fail, or work in which case you may well do fine. it's your choice.

my point was to put yourself in an environment where there are fewer displacement activities available. burying your head in the sand is not an effective method of decreasing exam nerves.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.