Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you, or have you ever recycled gifts (received a gift and given it to someone else)? How would you feel if you found out that a gift you had received was a recycled one?

PS, I haven't done it but I know some people who do...

ReputationRep:
    If you unwrap them carefully enough, you can recycle the paper too!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, my mum's guilty of this, though I'm not sure guilty is the correct word because I don't see anything wrong with recycling presents. If you aren't/don't want to use them it's better to give them to someone who will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Do you, or have you ever recycled gifts (received a gift and given it to someone else)? How would you feel if you found out that a gift you had received was a recycled one?

PS, I haven't done it but I know some people who do...
    I think it's ok as long as the person that gave it you never found out. I don't tend to do it but I do exchange my vouchers for money because they're usually for stores that I never shop at
    Ooh this reminds me - A friend told me that the present she gave to someone at work was given back to her as a gift this christmas! She was pretty upset about it because it meant they didn't like the gift.

ReputationRep:
    I do it all the time!

ReputationRep:
    Yup, i've done it before. Recycled a Chocolate orange this year.

I make sure the other person won't find out though.

ReputationRep:
    I've never done it, I'd feel too guilty.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with it? You're giving them something new that you didn't want..I think it's smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    I've never done it, I'd feel too guilty.
    Why? Once someone gives you it, it's your present. By you passing it on it's just saving money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neutralmilkhotel)
    Why? Once someone gives you it, it's your present. By you passing it on it's just saving money.
    Because it's something that's been picked out for me, and I'd feel I was being really ungrateful by passing it on to someone else.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.