Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The earth is in a right mess isn't it and its all down to us humans. Just look at all of the unusual and crazy weather patterns across the globe. More than 1 metre deep snow in America this year! Even snow in Las Vegas! Floods in the middle east, an enormous rise in earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunami's.. Ice caps are melting so fast, much much faster than predicted that scientist find it hard to keep up.

http://www.genuinecta.com/Images/Coal_Plant.jpg

ReputationRep:
    cool story bro'

serious tone: it's a serious issue but it's unfortunate that no-one really pays attention to it that much
    according to the CGP books, in a couple of generations, the world will be in a 'hot dirty soup'

ReputationRep:
    And what do you propose we do about it then?

ReputationRep:
    Recent cold winters have been down to La Nina

I don't think there has been any rise in earthquakes etc, and that wouldn't be related to global warming either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    And what do you propose we do about it then?
    REPENT

*strikes you with a lightning bolt*

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clothespeg)
    REPENT

*strikes you with a lightning bolt*

:eek:
    OH how could I be so stupid!

ReputationRep:
    This whole 'global warming' thing is just a cycle. It got colder in the 19th century when the Themes froze, etc and it was a lot warmer when the dinosaurs were about etc. I'm not saying humans haven't had any negative impact on the world though by hunting animals until they're endangered, destroying forests, etc.
    This is what we need to worry about for the moment though, rather then global warming:

ReputationRep:
    As stated above, the planet has gone through climate changes in the past, and ones that were a lot worse than now. Two extremes: The Early Carboniferous period and Snowball Earth. Earlier than our time and a lot worse. I personally think the Earth will mend itself, although this isn't to say that we should condone/ignore global warming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngbuck.craig)
    Floods in the middle east, an enormous rise in earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunami's..
    How is Global warming and earthquakes linked? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    Cutting/burning forests are a cause to global warming. Carbon emissions get released into the atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (You))
    How are Global warming and earthquakes linked? :eyeball:
    Look we have definitely caused global warming! The earth has been messed with so much it cant take no more pressure.

ReputationRep:
    Cutting/burning forests are a cause to global warming. Carbon emissions get released into the atmosphere.
    Wrong... they are an EXCERBATION to global warming. One contributing factor among many, many complications. You are right that humans are the reason for the unusualness (is that a word???) of the rise in global temperatures, but thats not all there is to it.

ReputationRep:
    Look we have definitely caused global warming! The earth has been messed with so much it cant take no more pressure.
    Oh no! What should we do to help the Earth? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (You))
    Its time... for the naked dancing around stonehenge at sunrise. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (You))
    Stop the population of new born babies would be a start

http://www.dec.ny.gov/images/adminis..._footprint.jpg

ReputationRep:
    ... nobody let this guy run a country.

ReputationRep:
    Global warming? Pah I'm doing my bit by leaving my fridge door open. Want some cold air, there you go.

So far it's been so successful I get at least 10 letters a week thanking me for the recent snow fall. Although admittedly none have yet arrived on account of stated snow causing the postie to go missing in action.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.