Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I used to be environmentally friendly. however with the recent cold snap I have been burning much more fuel in my chimney. Yesterday I had lit coal and put it in the chimney. I was only supposed to leave it burning for 1-2 hours. but I lost track of time and I realised that it had been burning for 4hours. I feel so bad knowing the extra strain I put on the environment, via, burning the coal.
    Could this have had quite a bad effect on the environment or is it not as bad as I fear?

ReputationRep:
    You, as an individual, don't make all that much difference, but if everyone started doing it then it would be an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Chill out. That is, if you're able to, with your guiltily warm house.

ReputationRep:
    I think you not getting pneumonia is probably the better result.

ReputationRep:
    wow, you just don't care at all about mother earth do you? :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Take the fuel off the fire and keep warm with plenty of guilt.

Troll harder.

ReputationRep:
    Relax man, no one cares really.

Besides, there's a lot of reason to believe global warming if a load of bull ****.

But carbon tax would allow the government to take more of our money.

I've said too much. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    how could you do such a thing?! the extra 2 hours of leaving your fire on is causing millions of penguins and seals to die around the world and causing mass floods and severe storms WORLDWIDE. because of you, the world is coming to an end, a year earlier!
    ...chill dude

ReputationRep:
    Seriously.
    No comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Relax man, no one cares really.

Besides, there's a lot of reason to believe global warming if a load of bull ****.

But carbon tax would allow the government to take more of our money.

I've said too much. :ninja:
    Blacklisted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.