AQA A Coursework - Language & Gender - theorists?! Watch

glitterphobia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm just completing my English Language coursework but I still need a few more words.
I'm hoping someone could maybe let me know of some other theorists I could look into to write about?
I'm looking at tag questions and interruptions and I've already wrote about Fishman, Cameron and Coates, Lakoff, Zimmerman and West and Tannen, thanks!
merkatron
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by glitterphobia)
I'm just completing my English Language coursework but I still need a few more words.
I'm hoping someone could maybe let me know of some other theorists I could look into to write about?
I'm looking at tag questions and interruptions and I've already wrote about Fishman, Cameron and Coates, Lakoff, Zimmerman and West and Tannen, thanks!
That sounds like plenty, so it's probably a question of writing more elsewhere than adding more theorists!

Have you related the work of these theorists/researchers to your own data analysis yet?
glitterphobia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by merkatron)
That sounds like plenty, so it's probably a question of writing more elsewhere than adding more theorists!

Have you related the work of these theorists/researchers to your own data analysis yet?
Thanks! Wasn't sure in which area I could add more
I have, but I think it's just the matter of finding more things in my transcripts to talk about XD
thanks anyway
sliceofbrice
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i need to find theorists who talk about language used in same sex relationships.. anyone help me?
merkatron
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sliceofbrice)
i need to find theorists who talk about language used in same sex relationships.. anyone help me?
If you can find anything by Paul Baker (Sexed Texts is a good place to start) he looks at queer linguistics in some depth. Deborah Cameron's The Language and Sexuality Reader is handy. Not sure there's much online though...
koutg001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sliceofbrice)

Jennifer Coates and Deborah Jones

Jennifer Coates looks at all-female conversation and builds on Deborah Tannen's ideas.

http://www.universalteacher.org.uk/l...coatesandjones
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.85%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.62%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
17.31%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
36.54%
There's nothing they could do (17)
32.69%

Watched Threads