Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A Coursework - Language & Gender - theorists?! Watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I'm just completing my English Language coursework but I still need a few more words.
    I'm hoping someone could maybe let me know of some other theorists I could look into to write about?
    I'm looking at tag questions and interruptions and I've already wrote about Fishman, Cameron and Coates, Lakoff, Zimmerman and West and Tannen, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glitterphobia)
    I'm just completing my English Language coursework but I still need a few more words.
    I'm hoping someone could maybe let me know of some other theorists I could look into to write about?
    I'm looking at tag questions and interruptions and I've already wrote about Fishman, Cameron and Coates, Lakoff, Zimmerman and West and Tannen, thanks!
    That sounds like plenty, so it's probably a question of writing more elsewhere than adding more theorists!

Have you related the work of these theorists/researchers to your own data analysis yet?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merkatron)
    That sounds like plenty, so it's probably a question of writing more elsewhere than adding more theorists!

Have you related the work of these theorists/researchers to your own data analysis yet?
    Thanks! Wasn't sure in which area I could add more
    I have, but I think it's just the matter of finding more things in my transcripts to talk about XD
    thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    i need to find theorists who talk about language used in same sex relationships.. anyone help me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sliceofbrice)
    i need to find theorists who talk about language used in same sex relationships.. anyone help me?
    If you can find anything by Paul Baker (Sexed Texts is a good place to start) he looks at queer linguistics in some depth. Deborah Cameron's The Language and Sexuality Reader is handy. Not sure there's much online though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sliceofbrice)

Jennifer Coates and Deborah Jones

Jennifer Coates looks at all-female conversation and builds on Deborah Tannen's ideas.

http://www.universalteacher.org.uk/l...coatesandjones

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.