Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if you were in this situation would you do this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    • If your parents has split up, and you lived with the poorest one, enabling you to gain full university grants and student loans.
    • If your dad was paying for university fees, accomodation, living costs.
    • Still able to get a student loan.
    • Able to get grants
    • Can therefore invest student loan and grantsinto ISAs and investments to make money off the cash, and pay back only the minimum to make as much money as possible.

If you were in the situation to do this, would you?

I am just deciding what to do as after discussing it with people they seem to hink this is extremely immoral, but i'm not sure if in reality they were like this they would do it? Hence the psot on the internet to find out what people would actually do.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think that anyone who can legally take the government for everything they're willing to give should. After all, they're going to have many years to screw us.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, at least you are putting the money to good use. The gov is screwing with us as it is.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really see how it's immoral. It's better than using it to get pissed every night.

ReputationRep:
    You might as well go for it. There's hundreds of people all over the UK claiming all sorts of grants and loans and whatever else they technically shouldn't be. You're not exactly planning on spending it all on nights out or anything.. In the long run it's a good financial back up. I don't know anyone who'd turn it down.. especially now-a-days.

ReputationRep:
    Take the money, loop holes may be immoral but it's not like you'd be 'stealing' the money from anyone else. You are claiming what you are entitled to

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it's a resounding yes so far, I really do like the internet for getting a more honest opinion, that maybe some people may not say in real life

ReputationRep:
    Go for it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DopplerEffect)
    Go for it....
    Thanks for yours and everyones support, without it this wouldn't be possible.

ReputationRep:
    Do it! Do it! Do it!

Those people are just jealous of the money you will make.

Face it, haters gona hate :P

ReputationRep:
    I am almost in the same situation.

I plan on claiming the full lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    I am almost in the same situation.

I plan on claiming the full lot
    High 5, brother

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.