Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Completley forgot about using extra contraception when using the pill and taking antibiotics, and so after having unprotected sex i am now having a heartattack about it :|
    I take the Yasmin pill, religously. I have recently been put on Erytrimicin for a throat infection (sorry about the spelling :eek:) and forgot to use a back up form of contraception.
    Can I use the morning after pill and also, can i get this at chemists as I am under 16?
    I know i've been stupid, I just need advice as i'm normally really careful about this sort of stuff
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    I may be wrong, but I think if you are under 17 you need a perscription for a morning after pill. Either way a sexual health clinic or your GP should be able to help and answer questions much better than TSR can.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about the age thing, but if you can't get the MAP from a chemist then you can walk into A&E to get it instead. Hth x

(Original post by DayneD89)
    I may be wrong, but I think if you are under 17 you need a perscription for a morning after pill. Either way a sexual health clinic or your GP should be able to help and answer questions much better than TSR can.
    It's free to under 25's i think in Boots! Definitely free to under 16's...
    Thanks, I have got some peace of mind now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.