Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SILLY NAMES FOR INNOCENT KIDS-Would you? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, today i went with my parents to my Aunts house as she just had a baby. When i asked what his name was she answered 'Christmas as he was born on Christmas day' WTFFFFFFF!!! I swear i nearly dropped the child out of shock!This poor innocent child will go through life with the name CHRISTMAS due to the unfortunate circumstances of his date of birth, she might as well carve 'OPEN TARGERT' on his head to make life that bit easier for the bullies of the future. To make it worse his 5 yr old sister has a normal name- Leah

So my question is what is THE most ludicrous name you have heard and Would you subject your child (if you want them) to a 'special' name?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do it, but my mums cousins grandchild is called Eljay because his mums name begins with L and his dads begins with J. LJ, Eljay :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    I wouldn't do it, but my mums cousins grandchild is called Eljay because his mums name begins with L and his dads begins with J. LJ, Eljay :facepalm:
    if it was a girl they could have called it jael (JL) :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiejade-x)
    if it was a girl they could have called it jael (JL) :ahee:
    Yeah, she's pregnant again and we suspect this might be the case :facepalm: they are from Essex though...

ReputationRep:
    Christmas isn't that bad of a name. I'd not want to name my child with some ridiculous name though. (Mine isn't exactly great).

I know a girl who is called 'Semen' because in Turkish it is pronounced Seh-mehn and is quite a standard Turkish name...

...Her parents really should have known better than to name their child that in London though. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I know someone with the name diksh!t or dixit ... I feel sorry for the poor guy

ReputationRep:
    I know a Denim and an Epiphany.

Maybe not quite so ludicrous but still makes me frown when I read/ have to say it.

ReputationRep:
    inb4blanket, apple, florida etc

ReputationRep:
    There used to be an Asian kid at my school (in the year below me) called Parik****... (I don't know if the last bit will get censored - it begins with sh and rhymes with hit )

ReputationRep:
    A cousin of mine is named axel but with a spanish accent it just sounds like they're saying ********.
    i feel bad for the kid haha

ReputationRep:
    Don't know any personally but when we had a talk on sexual health in high school, the person speaking said somebody once nearly called their child 'Chlamydia' since they didn't know what it is and liked the sound of it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm calling my child Odysseus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    A cousin of mine is named axel but with a spanish accent it just sounds like they're saying ********.
    i feel bad for the kid haha

ReputationRep:
    Kids names today are awful!. Whatever happened to good solid names?. My own children have normal names, there was no way I was going to lumber them with something embarrasing. I know a mum who has 4 kids, the eldest 2 have names that sound alike and the youngest 2 also have names that sound alike!!!.

OP, I guess your cousin could just tell people that his name is Chris and leave it at that.

My own mother wanted to call me Octavia....until she realised it meant "8th child" and I was her first.

ReputationRep:
    When I lived in France loads of my friends were called fanny and I knew someone else called saliva

ReputationRep:
    My RE teacher's friend called her son 'don't know' because they couldn't think of a name, he was known as 'donny' :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rishz)
    I know rite :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    When I have children I'm not going to call them anything more extreme than Charlotte or Sophie.

Traditional names FTW

ReputationRep:
    At least Christmas can be shortened to Chris or Chrissy. Which can be used be used as female names.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I think Jamie Oliver's children have quite absurd names. Daisy Boo Pamela, Poppy Honey Rosie, Petal Blossom Rainbow, and Buddy Bear Maurice....

I mean, seriously......I think Jamie is pretty top notch but his taste in names is abysmal.

No I would never inflict a ludicrous name on a child. My children are called :

Lydia Fay
    Alexander Joshua
    Jason Matthew

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.